Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office VPF funds coming slow and Universal changing agrem
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: VPF funds coming slow and Universal changing agrem

VPF funds coming slow and Universal changing agrem 11 Jun 2013 18:32 #40062

• penvid
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a 2 screen theater in a small town, switched to digital April 2012. Getting my VPF funds takes average 5 to 6 months (not the 3 months the sales guy said and some titles have NEVER paid). I had to show all bookings by title/distributor for the 12 months before we went digital to determine our status for VPF funds. Universal has just adjusted our "status" by looking at the 12 months before that and it looks like they plan to cut our capability for funds in half. The letter I got from the VPF (middleman) said to expect other studios to follow. I am dependent on these funds to pay bills. I would have closed before jumping into this if I thought anything like this could happen.
Anyone else have issues with VPF funds in regular timely checks, or changes to how they determine the payments?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

VPF funds coming slow and Universal changing agrem 11 Jun 2013 18:53 #40064

• BusyBee
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
We use Cinedigm, and I'm not even sure how they calculate how much we get, but we're getting more than I expected and the checks come in exactly on time. Fingers crossed that this doesn't change. We're about 18 months in.

We didn't qualify for Cinedigm financing because we don't show enough new stuff on the break, so we used private financing and are using Cinedigm just to recoup VPFs.

VPF funds coming slow and Universal changing agrem 18 Jun 2013 18:41 #40081

• Tom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I also use Cinedigm. They pay on time, but won't tell you who paid or how much. They say that they cannot report exact numbers, because the studios wont't let them. I have asked for information regarding pre-screen advertising, rates for showing kid shows during the summer, etc. They were eager to sign us up, and now they are nonexistent. Less than happy with the arrangement.

VPF funds coming slow and Universal changing agrem 15 Jul 2013 17:31 #40149

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Was thinking about how to post about this, but after chatting with my wife, decided a mental image would be most effective.

Visualize your digital projection booth with a giant tin-foil hat on top of it.

That's me!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction