Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need Advise re Employment

Need Advise re Employment 30 Jan 2013 20:51 #39718

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Hi guys:

Most of you know me and my philosophy of theatre operations. Well, I am concerned about providing for my wife because I am 18 years her senior and will probably die well before her. So I am considering going back to work as an assistant or manager. I would prefer the Pacific Northwest or the upper Midwest. I am a "senior" older than my photo indicates although it is a current photo. I know platter systems and changeovers but know nothing about digital. I am good with people (both employees and customers). How would you advise me? Should I forget the idea or do you think there is a possibility? Right now my income is Social Security. My wife works very hard and has never complained. Thank you for your input. PM me if necessary.

Bob
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need Advise re Employment 31 Jan 2013 17:00 #39723

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I don't see any reason why you can't adapt to digital, Robert. There's not a lot of difference in how you change a bulb, which would be the bulk of your maintenance responsibility, if even that. Ingesting content and setting up a playlist is rediculously easy. Once you do that, you're finished until the next change of content. Just learn how things flow, and what buttons are available for you to manually do what the automation might have somehow missed.

Beyond that, the theatre's going to be pretty much the same downstairs as it always was... maybe some new digital stuff, like menu boards and poster screens, but the popcorn machine will still be familiar!

Need Advise re Employment 20 Feb 2013 01:47 #39776

There just arent any jobs out there. Most places would love to hire you on as a ticket ripper, but try to get in as management....forget it. I've been looking for 3 years now, even willing to relocate. I have 8 years management experience and they would still rather promote from within. I'm too old start at the bottom and to young to give up.

Need Advise re Employment 20 Feb 2013 02:03 #39777

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
Back in '04 MovieChicken I sent a resume to Regal's main office and they forwarded the info to theatres in my area. I was hired at Regal's Poulsbo 10 in Poulsbo, Washington as an assistant manager where I worked for the nicest manager I'd ever met. Perhaps you'd have the same luck with any of the circuits.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Last Edit: 20 Feb 2013 02:04 by revrobor.

Need Advise re Employment 05 Mar 2013 21:49 #39795

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm bumping this up to ask if any of you have an opening and would be willing to hire me. I prefer the Pacific Northwest or the upper Midwest but will consider other regions. Thanks.

Bob
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction