Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: selling gift cards online

selling gift cards online 17 Jan 2013 23:42 #39685

• BusyBee
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
We get a lot of people calling in from out of state to buy gift cards over the phone as gifts for people who live here. I'd like to start selling gift cards via our website instead of just taking info over the phone, but I'm not sure how to go about it. We use RTS. I've been thinking about using paypal, but logistically, this will throw off my totals in RTS, since the payment won't be accepted via RTS but Paypal. Do any of you sell gift cards or merchandise on your site?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

selling gift cards online 05 Feb 2013 00:43 #39734

• mcnamara
  • Fresh Boarder
We are a small theater and was concerned about the fees associated with most gift card companies I researched.

I am using Smart Transaction Systems www.smarttransactions.com/gift-cards.php and have had great success.

This year they offered an online gift card purchase service and it works great.

Please consider their services you will not be disappointed.

selling gift cards online 05 Feb 2013 00:52 #39736

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
we sell gift certificates on line and we have some basic forms etc. take a look at www.colonialtheater.com/gift-certificates and it goes through PayPal. We sell them heavily at Xm,as and steadily all year long. We do not integrate it with RTS as we do not a POS at the Colonial so it is pretty simple and for the books we count it as money/ cash in when they redeem it. It is a great service for people from far far away who want to give a local gift. It took us a while to get all the info on our form: like do you want this sent to you or to someone else? Any special note? (I just wrote I LOVE YOU on a card) etc. etc. At Xmas it is just common courtesy to let them shop and buy tiks from home or from away. We get a note from paypal and from our web site when a sale has gone through.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction