Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Booking For Your Single Screen Theater
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Booking For Your Single Screen Theater

Booking For Your Single Screen Theater 30 Apr 2011 12:45 #35879

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Booking a single screen can be at times awesome and awful. You have one shot per week to get them in the door. Do it right and your fortunes soar. Do it wrong and you're eating popcorn that week.

The good news is that you only have one choice to make each week and you can avoid movies that you know won't play well to 'fill a screen'. Over time you can get a sense of what plays well for your community and what does not. In my case, we are in rural Iowa and my patrons don't like horror movies (by and large ;) ). However, it always seems like you're aiming for a moving target in a way. Sometimes some movie comes along that breaks your rules for you and what you think should play very well doesn't and the reverse happens as well from time to time.

Here is what I played since the holidays and my letter grade of attendance (see attachment):

As you can see I do not play R-rated movies often. The King's Speech was buoyed by lots of hype and was barely R-rated in any case. R-rated movies, in general, do not play well at all here, with some exceptions. Also, movies that appeal to a fairly narrow audience, don't perform either (You'll find no Bieber in there). Superhero movies, in general, are not strong performers. Give me a good comedy (there must be some good comedies SOMEWHERE!) or a good drama and I can sell it to this market. An action movie or a suspense title is either hit or miss.

This is just what has appealed (and hasn't) in a very short time frame to my small market, nothing more.
Attachments:
"What a crazy business"
Last Edit: 30 Apr 2011 12:55 by leeler.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Booking For Your Single Screen Theater 30 Apr 2011 17:30 #35881

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Thanks Leeler for the info.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction