Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Viability

Viability 06 Jan 2011 18:32 #35099

• kcrosby
  • Fresh Boarder
I am considering opening a two screen 2nd run/ cinema/ brew/wine house in my local town. The site would be on a closed historic theatre (opened in 1909) that is now completely empty (project would invlove complete build out).

Demographic Overview
-21k population in town
-65k population in adjacent two towns (10 minutes)
-median household income of ~$95k

Direct Competition
-1 4 screen 1st run independent located in one of the direct adjacent towns

Other Competition
-1 20 screen 1st run mega plex in a non adjacent but driveable location (25 minutes)-- This theatre serves 200k population+
-1 6 screen 2nd run also 25 minutes
-1 1 screen art/ international (20 minutes)

Interesting demographic is that the primary town of the location is a pininsula with only two roads entering/ exiting the town-- The local town is robust with many shops, etc. but the entry/ exit is limited.

It seems like this demographic overview would be supportive of my concept-- Any thoughts ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Viability 06 Jan 2011 21:35 #35104

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
I'm not sure selling booze will cause people to wait until a film hits your house to see it. I would consider other films (foreign, classic, inspirational, independent) and lower prices with expanded concessions offering. I would also try "film club" memberships. You seem to have a good population base and may be able to draw from the surrounding areas. The main thing is BE DIFFERENT.

Bob
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction