Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office other use for a drive in the day time?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: other use for a drive in the day time?

other use for a drive in the day time? 24 Aug 2010 11:49 #34486

• norris
  • Fresh Boarder
So I am just starting to investigate this buisness, we are researching purchasing a drive in theater. Our idea would be a single screen theater in the southern part of IL, or maybe northern KY.

One of my concerns is additional revenue, I know they get used for flea markets/swap meet type things, but what other uses produce more daylight revenue ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:other use for a drive in the day time? 25 Aug 2010 10:54 #34492

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I did several concerts at a drive in. Local up coming groups that draw the kids in the summer might work out.

Re:other use for a drive in the day time? 30 Sep 2010 12:06 #34646

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
The sky's the limit. Anything that you can clear out in time for the evening show can be put in there during the day, unless you have the land to run all of it at once.

The busiest place I've seen has a putt-putt course, an ice-cream parlor, pizza business, walk-in restaurant and outdoor concert stage, all surrounding a twin drive-in.

A couple of my friends have drive-ins with carnival-style rides

Here in Washington, we have a drive-in that has an attached arcade building and a seasonal go-kart operation. They're able to operate year-round in a climate where the rest of us close for the Winter.

Flea markets are an obvious choice, though it does take a sturdy constitution to run one... the patrons tend to be a bit different from your drive-in crowd.

Also consider what extra activities will do to your workday. It takes much of the day to prep a drive-in business for a full night. You're basically shifting the business day... and not necessarily working a shorter one. Adding daytime activities will make you old fast, unless you're planning to have some of it managed for you. Many of us find it's best to concentrate on making the drive-in business the best we can provide in our area.

It can be a great business to be in... good luck!
Last Edit: 30 Sep 2010 12:08 by rodeojack.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction