Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office I am a high school student looking to do something
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I am a high school student looking to do something

I am a high school student looking to do something 13 Aug 2010 15:47 #34449

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Claire asked me to help: I am too busy. I know you folks have all kinds of free time. :laugh: Is there any special tricks to showing films in a high school?
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:I am a high school student looking to do something 13 Aug 2010 18:21 #34450

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
It depends on when you want to show them. First you need the schools permission. Then you need to determine what delivery system you'll be using (16mm film, 35mm film, DVD). The school probably will not have the equipment you need. Then you need to know if you are having a private showing as opposed to opening it up for the general public to attend. A private showing does not require a license. But for the public you will need a public performance license from the distributor. There are several film libraries that offer 16mm and DVDs for non-public presentations. You will not find any "Hollywood" films on 16mm past 2006. You may get more info from Swank Motion Pictures, Criterion Pictures USA or Modern Sound Pictures. They all have websites.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Last Edit: 13 Aug 2010 18:23 by revrobor.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction