Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Attendance projections
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Attendance projections

Attendance projections 12 Jul 2010 07:13 #34354

• TBoshard
  • Fresh Boarder
I am wondering if there are any ways to accurately estimate attendance for a theater. If anyone has even the slightest idea any help would be greatly appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Attendance projections 22 Sep 2010 23:28 #34608

• BWT
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
** all estimated attendance calculations here assume there are no competing theaters in your area or within a nearby drivable radius **

*** this is only one method that I use to evaluate a target trade area; in my own financial modeling I typically use 3 separate methods and then derive a discounted average from those methods to look at breakeven levels for a potential project ***

1) Go to a demographic/statistical website like www.city-data.com or the US Census website

2) Pull the total population within your target area/zip code/county, etc

3) MPAA annual reports estimate in aggregate that approximately 70% of the US population goes to the movies at least once per year; multiply your trade area population by 0.7 (my note: if you want to be conservative, assume a lower penetration rate)

4) the 'average' movie patron (outside of major metro areas) purchases roughly 4 movie tickets per year; multiply your result from <<step 3>> by 4; this will give you an rough estimated number of tickets that can be sold under a baseline scenario for your trade area

5) use a per cap average ticket price (make it realistic to your locale) to derive a basic revenue figure for ticket sales in your trade area
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gljonesaz
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction