Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Need some office help for this newbie
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need some office help for this newbie

Need some office help for this newbie 20 May 2010 00:51 #33997

• SPeek
  • Fresh Boarder
I have just invested ( signing papers soon ) in my local dollar theatre. The couple who ran it are elderly and want to offically retire.
I know there is a rough profit since this couple has had it running for 30 years with out issue.

I need to know the basics to look for. The projection is simple from what I hear. Random workers run it. Even the register is simple with XY and EOD tapes. They show 2 movies a day 5 days a week. Sat and Sundays are the exception and offer an afternoon showing. Tickets are $5. There is nothing really special about this place andit sounds very general. If I was able to be in two places at once I think I could run the whole place by myself LOL

The building is leased so I assume I am not responsible for the structure itself.

What should I be thinking about? What is the basic profit margin I should be looking for? What do I pay out, what are my costs, what can I expect to bring in and what goals should I have for this theatre>?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Need some office help for this newbie 20 May 2010 02:07 #33998

• Keweler
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
First let me say welcome....

Most of your questions will be answered if you read the FAQ's. After you have done that , you will have more specific questions, which we will try to answer.

Lastly, and please apologize if this sounds stand offish but I have to know:
Seriously???
You are about to invest your money and you "assume" you are not responsible for the structure? And to think I worked on my business plan for half a year before I even made an offer....

Good luck,
Jay

Re:Need some office help for this newbie 20 May 2010 09:19 #34000

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Your lease will tell you what you are responcible for in the building. Most likely you will be responcible for everything or almost everything. Major structure or renovation may be shared with the landloard but you probably have to maintain everything from your seats to the roof and boiler. Be careful if these are all on the last stage of their life before you sign a new lease. The previous tenants may have run these till there is nothing left in them and left you $$$$$ of repairs and upgrades just to get heat and AC running.
Last Edit: 21 May 2010 09:30 by dsschoenborn.

Re:Need some office help for this newbie 20 May 2010 09:56 #34002

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Don't you dare sign those papers until all of your questions are answered.

Read every post on thid db BEFORE you sign.

How long do you intend to be in business? What are your plans to deal with digital in 3 years?

YOU ARE NOT READY TO SIGN THOSE PAPERS!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction