Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shrek Forever After

Shrek Forever After 27 Apr 2010 19:16 #33856

• sheri6363
  • Senior Boarder
Was anyone else lead to believe this film is made 3D only, no 2D film?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Shrek Forever After 28 Apr 2010 15:00 #33861

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Paramount never made any mention to us that it was 3D only, and not available in 2D film.

Re:Shrek Forever After 28 Apr 2010 16:24 #33862

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Preview does not say 3D till the very end. Most scenes in the preview don;t look like they are filmed from a 3D type angle. So I would think this would play great in 2D as many of the other 3D animated films have.

Re:Shrek Forever After 29 Apr 2010 12:09 #33866

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Haven't heard anything like that, and it's in our booking plans.

Since 3D came out, most studios have been saying "(name)... IN 3D" on their trailers... sometimes completely omitting any hint that the picture will be played in any other format.

Back when digital sound came out... no... back when Dolby came out, trailers and credits commonly said "(brand of sound), IN SELECTED THEATRES)". At least this gave the impression that the film could be presented in various formats.

It's interesting to me that 2D exhibitors don't seem to care that their screens are being used to promote 3D in this manner, but that seems to be the case.

Re:Shrek Forever After 29 Apr 2010 13:13 #33867

• lionheart
  • Gold Boarder
Of course 2-D exhibitors care. I did what I could not to promote the 3-D versions. If a trailer had something at the end that stated the film was in 3-D, I cut the end of the trailer off. In some cases, that was the only place it said 3-D. I covered up the parts of posters that said it was in 3-D. I put up signs when I played the 2-D version explaining the advantages of 2-D... lower ticket prices, no glasses, no headaches, and better color. I don't know if it convinced anybody, but I had many people say they agreed with those statements. The only other thing I could have done is not to play the trailer for a 3-D film at all when it referenced 3-D throughout. That is very hard since it would leave me without any trailer for the film. What's a guy to do? Seems like something somebody with more clout than me needed to take up. And those guys with all the clout all seem to be playing 3-D versions, so they don't care.

Re:Shrek Forever After 11 May 2010 01:57 #33925

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
We definitely care. I have complained to the distributors about their 3D one-sheets and slipping in "3D" loud and clear in their trailers. One of the guys I talked to said he had received many complaints and the studio heads were discussing it. I believe everyone that does not have 3D equipment needs to complain.

Re:Shrek Forever After 11 May 2010 07:27 #33928

• Larry Thomas
  • Platinum Boarder
Back in the good ol' daze (1953-54) there were trailers produced so that the part about 3-D was a tag at the end and could be removed by the non-3D houses.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction