Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question: 3D ticket upcharge

Question: 3D ticket upcharge 04 Oct 2009 11:24 #32467

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I note that all theatres that I have seen that have 3D charge the same $3.00 per ticket 'upcharge' regardless of the system (Dolby 3D, Real 3D etc)and that the same amount ($3.00) applies to both childrens and adult admissions.

Assuming that someday I install digital and decide to include 3D is this $3.00 something that I will have to charge. In other words is this part of the contractual obligation? Say I wanted to charge only $2.00 or $1.00 extra or perhaps not at all? Or is it one of those pricing things that studios do where if they dont like your price they simply "dont have a print available" rather than admit they are setting the price?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Question: 3D ticket upcharge 04 Oct 2009 11:42 #32468

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
A senior Projectionist in NY has told me they are going to come up with a filter type device that you place in front of the lens of a regular 35 mm projector to give the same quality as digital 3-d.
Due to the success of 3-d movie es the studios want to make sure everyone can take advantage of this so this will be available to theatres that do not have the digital capability and all will be able to show 3d movies now and not have to make such a big investment to do so.
The past year has shown that 3-d is not a passing faze but something that is really getting the audiences back into the theatre. And the audience the theatre owners want kids and teens!
That also may effect the price of the movie!

Re:Question: 3D ticket upcharge 04 Oct 2009 15:49 #32472

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
In my neck of the woods the upcharge varies from just $1 to $3. Real 3d gets a fee for each ticket sold. Real 3d equipment is less expensives b/c they get that fee for 5 or 10 years (10 years if you go through CBG I have read). Dolby costs more upfront but no royalty fee.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction