Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: wordpress

wordpress 01 Sep 2009 00:30 #32240

• BusyBee
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Are any of you using Wordpress for your theater site? I am thinking of changing my page from sort of a static presentation of movie times and coming soon to more of an interactive blog. Thoughts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:wordpress 01 Sep 2009 01:25 #32242

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
From what I've seen you need to make your site attractive (that's really an opinion) and easy to navigate.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re:wordpress 03 Sep 2009 22:12 #32260

• dnedrow
  • Senior Boarder
Baaaaaad idea!!!

Do you get that I don't think much of the idea?

A blog has zero value for the type of information a theatre -- or any business -- needs to present.

A business should consider the front page of the website via the old "who, what, where, when, and why" mantra. Even if you get them that info via big buttons, it needs to be obvious how to get the info.

With a blog, are you planning on posting this information in every post? If so, why have the blog when you could just have a web page. If you're not going to post the info in every post, how does the customer locate the correct post to find showtimes? Ugh.

Now, there's no reason NOT to have a blog in addition to your basically static theatre information. A theatre blog is great for letting people know what going on around shows, or in the theatre, etc. I have a blog for our site on which I post construction pictures, short stories from around the theatre, etc.

Use a blog as an adjunct, not a replacement.

BTW, Wordpress works great. ;)

Grandview Theatre Insight

Re:wordpress 04 Sep 2009 19:35 #32263

• BusyBee
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Well I want to incorporate both. Like how there is an "about" PAGE on your wordpress blog, I would also have a current showtimes page. And a page for any other information that I would want to keep static. I would want to design the page so that the PAGE options are obvious and don't get lost with all the blog post archives.

I like the idea of a site that is more interactive with new information daily so that people get used to checking it out and not just when they are thinking about coming to a movie. There are several blogs that I check out every few days when I am sitting at my desk procrastinating.

Cool blog BTW, I'm excited to check it out.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction