Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Interviewing for theater Manager!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Interviewing for theater Manager!

Interviewing for theater Manager! 13 Feb 2009 15:38 #30883

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
After a very long time, I FINALLY have the opportunity to manage a local tri-plex! :woohoo: I am interviewing next Wednesday.

For the theater owners, what do you look for in a manager when YOU interview? Any other theater-specific advice you could share?
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Interviewing for theater Manager! 13 Feb 2009 18:09 #30884

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
IMO the first thing you need to find out is why an applicant wants to be a theatre manager. "Because I love movies" isn't enough. They must be good people managers and treat employees with respect and courtesy. It's all well and good if they possess technical abilities but if they can't manage people that will trickle down to the customers causing staff turnover and lost business. I have seen managers with "I'm better than you" attitudes toward their employees that have made it very unpleasant for others on the "team". BTW, in what state are you located?
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re:Interviewing for theater Manager! 13 Feb 2009 19:31 #30885

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
I couldn't agree with you more, Bob. My reasons have nothing to do with a love for movies, it's a love for theaters. I have been a business owner for years and understand the importance of teamwork in the workplace. I've been looking for the opportunity to own or manage a theater for years.

Besides confirming the requirements and desires of the applicant, from an applicant's point of view, what can an applicant do to improve their chances during the interviewing process specifically besides the obvious (dress well, bring copies of resume, show up early, etc.)?

BTW, I'm in Washington State.
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau

Re:Interviewing for theater Manager! 14 Feb 2009 03:00 #30888

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
If I were in your position I would want to make sure that the applicant has a passion for the business and the community in which your theatre is located. By exercising his or her passion for the business they will serve the community better and that will also build your bottom line. You don't want to employ someone who does not want to make or has not made the exhibition field their life's work.

BTW, I have sent you a private message.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction