Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Record movie year, was it for you?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Record movie year, was it for you?

Record movie year, was it for you? 18 Jan 2009 21:17 #30729

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Every year in January after I review my numbers for the year having just ended, I usually post my results and ask how things were for you other exhibitors as well.

The national results for the industry, as I saw them posted elsewhere, showed a record setting year, with an increase in gross sales of 2%. A total of 9.78 billion in ticket sales. However, as there was a substantial increase in ticket prices averaging 4.7%, actual ticket sales dropped to 1.36 billion from 1.4 billion the previous year.

While my gains this past year were rather modest, I feel quite good knowing that my ticket sales increased slightly, even though the industry as a whole saw a decrease.

My results were as follows:
Box office gross - up 2.5% ~ (There was a slight price increase as I did away with a reduced price for matinees)
Concession gross - up 3.7 percent ~ (Every concession item was raised 25 cents in June)
Admissions (Tickets sold)- Up 1.5%
Profit for the year - Up 3%
My average film rental for the year was 37.6% (subrun) the same as it was last year.

How was it for you folks?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Record movie year, was it for you? 19 Jan 2009 13:47 #30731

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The figures that I saw said that total ticket sales for calendar year 2008 were 1,337.5 billion tickets sold. Perhaps of more consequence was the fact that this was lowest number of tickets sold since the 1,262.6 billion sold back in 1995.

The average ticket price for 2008 was reported to be $7.20.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction