Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters 06 Sep 2005 12:58 #25317

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Is anyone using email newsletters?

If so do you do your own or have it done?

I have been wanting to start an email newsletter but I have not found the time. I have looked at several systems that will automate signup and handle bad addresses and delete request but most of the easy to use good ones all have monthly fees and I still need to create all the content each week. Cinema Source is now offering a newsletter service for a price. It will be sent out when you email your times to them. There sample newsletters look great. They will customize the style, content and update it to reflect specials and events you are having and even insert printable coupons all at no extra charge. Is anyone using this or has anyone considered purchasing this service? Any comments would be appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Email Newsletters 06 Sep 2005 20:28 #25318

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I do my own using EasyList. It doesn't have any frills or whistles, but it accomplishes the objective and really doesn't take that much time each week--maybe a half hour at the most. I do a lot of cutting and pasting each week.

Re: Email Newsletters 07 Sep 2005 09:33 #25319

• Mudbrother
  • Senior Boarder
We do our own using www.ymlp.com (Your mailing list provider.) It's very, very inexpensive, and the interface is very nice. They even have a free service that uses ads. The pay service is only $2.50/month for 500 or fewer subscribers (payable every 6 months.)$5.00/mo for up to 2,000 subscribers.

Rance

Re: Email Newsletters 21 Sep 2005 18:37 #25320

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
ye must use e mail! We have +/- 2000 e mail addresses. We don't process returns: we ignore them. Every week we send the schedule. It works! Sign up at www.templemovies.com and www.colonialtheatre.com

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Email Newsletters 22 Sep 2005 11:46 #25321

• RonOne50
  • Senior Boarder
We also do weekly newsletter and are in the process of offering it as a service to other theaters. Just contact my wife at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it if you want her to do your newsletter or want to sign up to receive ours. She also does web page work two examples of her work at www.suburbancinemas.com or http://www.riflemansrifle.com/ okay the rifleman site isn't a movie theater site but is a site about a great TV show.
Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Re: Email Newsletters 07 Mar 2006 09:54 #25322

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
Just posting an update.

We did go with the Cinema Source newsletter. We have been very happy so far. They provide most of the content and add anything I need added for a special show or event we have. We had some delay in getting it launched but the week to week processing has been very smooth. We post our times just like we always have with them so it really has not added any work for me.

I don't think I can post a newsletter link here but you can get to the sign up page via our home page at www.lincolntheatre-belleville.com

Also I had cards printed to make people aware of the newsletter and offering a free popcorn when you sign up. I pass them out at the theatre but more importantly at several sounding business in the are who advertise with me. After my subscription list gets a little bigger I am going to offer adding ads or coupons in the newsletter for an additional fee to my screen advertisers.

Re: Email Newsletters 14 Apr 2006 12:38 #25323

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Is everyone still happy with their programs and providers? I have been having a problem with my program dropping off names and only sending the list to a portion of my subscribers. I am ready to try something new.

I don't really want someone else writing the newsletter for me. I enjoy doing that part myself.

Re: Email Newsletters 14 Apr 2006 14:20 #25324

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes I am fine with them. I can run reports to see how many emails are sent and how many are opened and how many people have registered and dropped. They do provide the content. Its not the text type letter it is a graphical newsletter with comming attractions and trivia. I insert banner ads when I have something special going on.

Re: Email Newsletters 25 Mar 2007 01:26 #25325

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I used my newsletter to send out a plea for a slashed seat vandal last night. I asked for the identity or description of who was sitting in a particular seat. Three patrons all wrote back with the same description and those persons have been identified. The S.O. is following up. SWEET!

Without that newsletter I would still be wondering who was sitting there.

Re: Email Newsletters 25 Mar 2007 13:58 #25326

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
What an ingenious idea! Don't think I would have even thought to do that.

Re: Email Newsletters 30 Mar 2007 08:06 #25327

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I do my own. I don't have lots of subscribers yet but I have enough that I have to split it into two e-mails or my service provider will kill it. 50 is the limit, I guess.
"What a crazy business"

Re: Email Newsletters 15 Apr 2007 20:38 #25328

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
You go Burney! Ky

Re: Email Newsletters 25 May 2007 10:59 #25329

My company offers a newsletter email service as part of our cinema web hosting plans. We are listed on bigscreenbiz's classified ads or you can find us at CinemaHosting.com

-JD

Re: Email Newsletters 26 May 2007 14:13 #25330

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
We had an antiquated one and turned to [url=http://www.Constantcontact.com.]www.Constantcontact.com.[/url] It is the one that is used for bigscreenbiz.com's weekly e-mail

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction