Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: B.O. Ticketing

B.O. Ticketing 18 Aug 2006 13:47 #25160

• Tom Watkins
  • Senior Boarder
I've read some older comments about ticketing POS and would like any current feedback on RTS, Sensible Software etc....

Thanks

Tom Watkins
Magic Lantern Theater
Bridgton Maine

Tom Watkins
Magic Lantern Theater
Bridgton Maine
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: B.O. Ticketing 18 Aug 2006 13:52 #25161

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
We are still using RTS, and it is still working great for us.

Re: B.O. Ticketing 18 Aug 2006 16:54 #25162

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Ditto.
I'm very satisfied with the RTS system.

Re: B.O. Ticketing 21 Aug 2006 13:25 #25163

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
RTS has a lot and works very well for a little guy like me and I hear from others that it works great in a big mutiplex too.

Gift Card / Reward Cards and integrated credit cards all standard are some of the best benefits for us little guys. What I really liked was it does not take special hardware. When I first started to look at ticketing systems for my father in-law the thing that really turned me off was you had to buy special hardware from them to make the system work. RTS run on basic computer equipment if you want. I use all in one touch screen units which I think is the only way to go for a POS system. I do my own maintenance and RTS is very easy to install and maintain. ( this is not a paid ad ha..ha)

Re: B.O. Ticketing 12 Sep 2006 14:29 #25164

• Tom Watkins
  • Senior Boarder
I've checked out both Sensible Cinema Software and RTS. After playing with both the Sensible Cinema Software seems to be more interative and easier to use.

Anybody have this software and like it? Any downside to it. They don't charge a yearly fee as RTS does.

Thanks for your advice.
Tom Watkins
Magic Lantern Theater
Bridgton Maine

Re: B.O. Ticketing 12 Sep 2006 16:17 #25165

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I think the big difference is in the support.

RTS gives you the software, but charges a yearly fee for each station that actually sells something (boxoffice, concession sales positions). You can install the same software at other places in your network for monitoring/reporting/scheduling purposes and not have to pay for those positions.

For the money, you get 24/7 support and all software upgrades, which can be relatively frequent. The company has made a LOT of improvements and adjustments to the system. They made many changes for me, based on the way a drive-in uses the software. The work they do to their system is available on their web site for all their customers. You can upgrade your software whenever you feel like it... no charge.

By contrast, Sensible charges full boat for the software, and you own it forever. However you'll eventually need to pay for support, if you think you'll need it. In the year or so that I had the system, they only made one upgrade. One might say their system was better from the start, but I think RTS responds faster to immediate needs and has a convenient upgrade path in-place.

When I was using Sensible, they hadn't added gift cards or online ticketing. Their system also had a limit on advance ticket purchases... something like a week. RTS will sell tickets for anything in its schedule. RTS also supports automated ticketing kiosks.

At the time, Sensible had only one person (the owner) for technical support, who wasn't always available. That may not be the case now... I don't know.

Both systems work... they sell tickets, produce reports and keep stats. The way RTS supports their system made the difference for me, since I have 8 sales positions, a kitchen pickup station, the database, giftcards and online credit card processing in my system. My whole business day is done in just a few hours, so this stuff has to work. A glitch can quickly put lines of cars out on a busy state highway, or lines of concession customers out both ends of the building... not good, but if it does happen and I can't figure it out myself, I need to know I can reach someone fast.

The fact that RTS owns theatres and actually uses the software they design and sell is a plus in my mind, too.

Re: B.O. Ticketing 13 Sep 2006 07:42 #25166

• Tom Watkins
  • Senior Boarder
Thank you for the detailed post. I really appreciate your insights into the two systems. This certainly helps in the decision making process.

Regards,

Tom
Tom Watkins
Magic Lantern Theater
Bridgton Maine
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction