Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Start-up Operations

Start-up Operations 13 Dec 2005 04:59 #25026

Hi,

great website, but now I am overwhelmed! I am planning on starting a movie theatre in southern africa.

There is not theatre in the country, the last fully operational one closed after the owners retired and returned to their home country, after 20years successful operation. There have been 2 ventures since and both failed (back office matters)

I would like a guide to follow in terms of a startup operation. I hve no experince in the industry, except I know that with the right expertise and guidance, this can work!

The closest movie theatre is 2 hours by road and accross a border post! People travel there to see the latest relases! Additionally in SA (neighboring country) there are two main licensed distributors sterkinekor and nu metro.

What are the steps and key points to watch for. We are not planning a major operation, two big screens should suffice for the operation.

Thanks!
Bongile
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Start-up Operations 17 Dec 2005 22:48 #25027

• SamCat
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Find out how many people in the catchment area first.
Then work out how often people come to the movies in SOuth Africa through movie takings etc and how many people.
Then work out site and how much area you have and how much you can afford to invest.
Then you have to obtain a cinema architect and do the drawings and obtain approval.

Re: Start-up Operations 27 Dec 2005 01:07 #25028

In order to ensure that any new enterprise is to be sustainable as well as successful, my advice is that you should attune to and gain a strong rapport with the natural environment for that area first. Make sure that what you are creating will not be competing with that natural environment in any way but will be complementary of it. The natural environment is able to fulfill people up to a certain extent, so the theatre you seek to create should be to fill in the void the natural environment grants you the right to fill in.

Hope that makes sense, and keep us all posted on how well it goes. And may the forces of nature be with you every step of the way!

Re: Start-up Operations 06 Jan 2006 03:37 #25029

• ralfsmith
  • Fresh Boarder
Can you provide me more information on this matter?

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Start-up Operations 07 Jan 2006 01:53 #25030

Me? Or Bongilekanya?

Re: Start-up Operations 07 Jan 2006 01:55 #25031

Me? Or Bongilekanya?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction