Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Advertising Advice

Advertising Advice 06 Jan 2006 05:25 #25023

• mannooss
  • Senior Boarder
What do you do, if anything, to advertise your movietimes on your theater front door?
I've tried contacting Movie Ad Corp but with no response. I'm curious how a small independent theatre (who doesn't learn what movie they are showing until five days before) goes about displaying their showtimes to passersby (besides the marquee).

Thanks,

mannooss
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Advertising Advice 06 Jan 2006 12:18 #25024

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
We have a glass display window that is attached to the side of the building next to the main doors. We put up a printed page with our movie information and showtimes. We also print up a description of each movie (gotten from movies.yahoo.com) so people can read what each movie is about. We use to also print up one or two positive reviews for a particular movie if anyone wanted to read what a critic had to say about it, but that got to be a pain in the tuchas.

I know what you mean about it being difficult for independent theaters to know in advance what they are going to show. We usually have people call the theater Thursday night asking for the showtimes on Friday.

Re: Advertising Advice 06 Jan 2006 21:46 #25025

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
We have a felt alphabet board that will show the daily shows. Then we print up a leaflet with the weeks shows every Thursday and times and have that on the front window. If anyone wants to know more than a week, they can ask. And we will often just tell them we aren't sure until Monday!! People are often astonished that we don't know what will be on the next week, but thats life!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction