Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Web Page

Web Page 20 Aug 2005 10:01 #24965

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
We were told recently that our web page was confusing. Since this was from someone who was trying to sell me their weekly e mail newsletter and web design service, I discounted it as a selling technique. But it is one of those things that keep bothering me. So, I am taking my ego in hand and asking for critiques. Any suggestions will be much appreciated and I'll do my best to take them in the spirit offered and not get my feelings hurt.:-) My web address is: http://www.cinema1plus.com
Thanks in advance
Linda
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Web Page 20 Aug 2005 12:15 #24966

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi, Linda.

It seems to me that, for the most part, the quality of a web site is in the eye of the beholder. 5 of us could give you 5 different opinions, based on what grabs our attention. So.... since you asked:

I thought that the basic background of your site was simple, appealing and attractive. If anything, what could be confusing is the sheer amount of text information you pass on to the viewers.

I once had a web site designer tell me that people tend to want/get the bulk of their information off of the front page, and should not have to scroll or click unless to expand on their basic reason to visit your site in the first place. With that in mind, my sites have always had my shows right up front, with additional information available with one click.

The menu options at left changes order in several places. That could be confusing if people go back, looking for a subject that was, say, second on the list, only to find it near the middle.

If nothing else, maybe I'd step back and take a wide view of the whole site, to make sure the information makes the point without being unnecessarily detailed.

Re: Web Page 20 Aug 2005 19:19 #24967

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I like it and wish mine looked so nice. I don't find anything in or about it confusing.

Re: Web Page 20 Aug 2005 22:41 #24968

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Linda. I think your site looks very nice, but I did find several things that I think could be improved upon.

1st. Some of the type could be a tad bit larger. Some of us older folks have a difficult time reading some of it.

2.There is too much space between the different movie listings. After I finished reading the listing for Cinema 1 and started to scroll down, I got a completely blank screen before the listing for Cinema 2 appeared, and since the website is called Cinema 1, I got the impression that it was a single screen theatre and that was all there was. Why is it called Cinema 1 if it's actually a 5 plex? That in itself is a bit confusing.

3rd. Once I did scroll down and got to Cinema 2 and finally to Cinema 3, it said "Starting Friday August 19th". While there is nothing wrong with that information, you must remember that half the people reading your website have no idea what todays date IS. They therefore got the impression that the shows listed that way for Cinemas 3,4 & 5 are coming, but aren't there yet. Wouldn't it be better to list each one as "Now Playing in Cinema 1", "Now Playing in Cinema 2" etc."

Just a few thoughts where I think you can make an improvement to an otherwise very nicely done site.

[This message has been edited by RoxyVaudeville (edited August 20, 2005).]

Re: Web Page 20 Aug 2005 23:00 #24969

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Linda,

That has to be the best site i have seen in a long time. Everything is there and clealry stated. I had no problems finding anything and would suggest you change nothing!
It looks marvelous!!!!!!

Re: Web Page 22 Aug 2005 00:17 #24970

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
First thing, there should be no title page, what purpose does it serve?

The first page should have all the movies playing and their showtimes. A visual reference to the theatre would help so people know they have the right theatre. Everything else can be on other pages. Limit the total number of pages. All coming soon on one page. Remember you are selling movies, people need to see that first.

Second, keep it simple, don't animate, no sound, no flash, no frames. People don't want to wait for your fancy ass stuff to load, they want to know when their movie starts.

It took me three ckicks to get a showtime. I had to click back to get the next showtime although later I discovered that all of your titles are on one page.

I then took two more clicks to find out where you are. But now I have to go to Google to get a map.

Re: Web Page 22 Aug 2005 09:43 #24971

• Mudbrother
  • Senior Boarder
My main two suggestions have been stated before, but I will re-emphasize them. I think the site looks great, it has a very professional finish to it, that I think is important. I would put all of your titles, showtimes and prices on the first page in clear view. Some said it before, but I'll say it again: Most people will look at ONLY the first page of a website. I have DSL here, so I can't tell about load times, but they should be fast.

The second thing I would suggest is to compact the now showing page. As someone mentioned, there is far too much space between each listing.

But like I said, my overall impression is positive.

Rance

Re: Web Page 03 Sep 2005 13:16 #24972

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks for all your comments. I have been working on implementing some of them and am still checking on the best way to make some of the other changes without having to to a complete re design. Thanks again. Linda
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Web Page 06 Sep 2005 12:49 #24973

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I agree with what others have posted.

Nice site, colors etc.

Need to have information on home page like who you are, where you are located etc, telephone number etc. Link to a map site with your address preprogrammed in so the map to you comes up automatically. Current movie times and titles should be there too but If I have to select an option to go to the now showing page then that is not too bad as long as it is one click away. A good business rule of thumb is I should never have to click more than twice to find anything on your site. Also pictures of your business that way when someone is driving to you and they see the building they know they are in the right place.

Why do I have to navigate to two other screens for online ticket sales. Place a link on the title and times screen to go directly to the online sales page.

Re: Web Page 11 Sep 2005 03:19 #24974

• MrManager
  • Fresh Boarder
Your site looks good, but yes...navigation does seem a bit cumbersome.

We design sites for theaters. We have a basic template that can be seen at;
http://otherworlds.homeip.net/ram

If interested, please email to;

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Web Page 22 Sep 2005 11:48 #24975

• RonOne50
  • Senior Boarder
We do weekly newsletter to our patrons and are in the process of offering it as a service to other theaters. Just contact my wife at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it if you want her to do your newsletter or want to sign up to receive ours. She also does web page work two examples of her work at www.suburbancinemas.com or http://www.riflemansrifle.com/ okay the rifleman site isn't a movie theater site but is a site about a great TV show.
Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction