Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Grosses of Closed Theaters?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Grosses of Closed Theaters?

Grosses of Closed Theaters? 25 Apr 2005 17:52 #24857

• izod
  • Junior Boarder
Hey everybody, long time no see. So I'm back to looking for a closed theater, and I've found a few (building new is harder than it looks, and not worth it for an art theater, but everyone else already knows that). Is there anyway to find out their grosses? Is attendance available anywhere? Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Grosses of Closed Theaters? 27 Apr 2005 16:11 #24858

• RonOne50
  • Senior Boarder
If you one a theater and give your grosses to Rentrak you can check on any theater in the state you are in. However, they don't have to authorize Rentrak to post the grosses and if not authorized then you can't find out. You can also call EDI/Nielson and check but again if they haven't been given permission to give out the numbers you can't get them.

I find a lot of old style theater owners wont give the grosses out for various reasons. Theater's that don't gross well will often not allow it be viewed but not being to find out isn't a sign that it is a poor grossing theater in and of itself.

The best way to find out is parking near the theater and counting the cars for youself.
Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Re: Grosses of Closed Theaters? 27 Apr 2005 22:37 #24859

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I asked a studio sales rep about a closed theater's grosses a few years ago and she gave her studio's grosses to me and even compared them to the closest competiitors. Of course, I had a very good relationship with the salesperson.

Re: Grosses of Closed Theaters? 28 Apr 2005 01:20 #24860

• Alan_G
  • Senior Boarder
If you can find out who did the booking for the theatre, they may be willing to share some data, especially if there's the prospect of their getting your business if you reopen it.

Re: Grosses of Closed Theaters? 28 Apr 2005 10:04 #24861

• RonOne50
  • Senior Boarder
I agree with you that those methods do work even though the film reps aren't supposed to share that type of information (at least on an open theater). If you aren't in the business yet and for that matter if you are in the business, the best way to see what an operating theater is doing is to watch it during open hours. Your own eyes will tell you more than any report that may or may not be accurate. Not that anyone in the business would tell you different than the theater does or that would not give the accurate figures to the film company. Of course, if they say it does wonderful and the film company says it doesn’t then the theater owner is laying to one or the other of you.
Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction