Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Touch Screen Terminals...What do you have?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Touch Screen Terminals...What do you have?

Touch Screen Terminals...What do you have? 14 Dec 2004 20:35 #24706

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
We are about to decide on a RTS software or SensibleCinema touch screen system. Currently have Sensible, using keyboard. But, want to be able to sell both concessions/box on the same register. Any thoughts on either setup?? RTS seems to have an awful lot of reports that it can generate, more than we actually would use. One time licensing vs yearly (RTS). Ease in operating/training. Cost factor. Ouch.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Touch Screen Terminals...What do you have? 15 Dec 2004 11:42 #24707

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
I’ve been using RTS for a few years. Not cheap, but worth it for me. When my new theaters are open it’ll be there, too. Had my first problem with it when I tried to upgrade the software: it took out the whole program. Did the usual stuff and it didn’t work. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the software AFTER moving the data file. Finally got tech support to walk me through it and make it work. The experience with support didn’t give me a warm, fuzz feeling but that’s my shrink’s job, not theirs. Bottom line is that the program works, works with most any Windows OS, and any interface (touch screen or mouse—you choose how much you wanna spend), is easy to learn even for the most challenged worker, and tech support is there when you need it.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Touch Screen Terminals...What do you have? 15 Dec 2004 11:45 #24708

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Having used both, I prefer RTS. Yes, the annual licensing cost can be viewed as a yearly reminder that the system is costing you money. However, you get an outstanding support system for the investment. Emergency service is fast and helpful. They update their software very often, and you get those updates off the web. Also, there's more than one or two people behind the company... something that became a concern fairly quickly.

Some RTS users appear to gravitate toward keyboard operation, but I haven't found it to be very convenient, compared to operation over a touch screen. I use ELO screens, & have had as many as 12 of them going at one time... zero problems with them.

I'm also sold on the online credit card processing... 3-5 seconds and it's done. If you use the old card processors, you notice that right away.

RTS will switch between ticket and concession screens with one touch. You can also build multiple screens. We use separate screens at out drive-in for front counter sales, kitchen items and side orders. You can also build different screens where one terminal might sell something that another doesn't.

On the downside, RTS has some challenges keeping their help files up to date. That tends to get some of their users riled up some. I figure it's because they add features to the software so often, which I like. You can work around the help file issues by just calling them up. They don't mind helping you through anything you don't understand.

The system also requires registration in order to work. They do this during their business hours (remember, registration requires the annual fee). However, the support department can do an immediate 3-day registration for you so you can get running & contact the company during the day.

I'm in my 3rd year with RTS... can't see any reason to switch.

Re: Touch Screen Terminals...What do you have? 15 Dec 2004 17:19 #24709

• showandtell
  • Junior Boarder
Is anyone using anything other than RTS? I'm trying to get a feel for what other options areout there. I think the Kodak System looks fantastic, but I'm scared to ask how much (actually, I couldn't find on the website how to ask how much - John, can you help me out?)

But I also found Work Software systems. http://worksoftwaresystems.com/theatre-POS-software.html
The features look really great. Has a great interface. The licensing is a tad expensive, but the hassles that it looks like it will cut out seem to make up the differece.

Let's hear it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction