Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Restaurant coupon?

Restaurant coupon? 26 Sep 2004 14:48 #24625

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
A new pizza place moved in just down the street from me and they are interested in doing a promo that would be mutually beneficial. any ideas? I would like to do something with them but I don't want to do something that would kill off my concession sales in the process. Maybe, buy a ticket get $X.XX off a large pizza rather then buy a pizza get $X.XX off a movie ticket. Any cross promo ideas out there?
"What a crazy business"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Restaurant coupon? 26 Sep 2004 17:00 #24626

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I don't do anything like that right now... but the first thing that comes to my mind would be something that ties the promotion TO a concession purchase... like maybe a discounted pizza coupon attached to the bottom of a large popcorn or pop container... something along those lines.

One downside might be the people that just got done filling up on pizza... then go to your place on the cheap. You might lose both ways on that one.

If concessions is your concern, maybe you could have the pizza place distribute coupons for a buck or so off on concession purchases. At least that gives them some incentive to check out your counter... and you don't have to deal with discounting percentage admissions.

Re: Restaurant coupon? 28 Sep 2004 04:31 #24627

• Alan_G
  • Senior Boarder
If the pizzaria does home delivery and/or take-out then give them discount coupons for your theatre to be taped to their pizza boxes.

I prefer admission discount coupons valid Sunday or Monday through Thursday. Perhaps 2 for 1 admission. Perhaps $1.00 off. Perhaps evening admission at matinee price. Exclude special engagements, of course.

It's a free benefit for the pizzaria's customers and hopefully it will bring you some new/extra business. Be sure to include an expiration date so you're in control.

Re: Restaurant coupon? 28 Sep 2004 08:53 #24628

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
Be careful with coupons; as discussed some months ago about passes, it is quite possible these days for someone to duplicate almost anything on a home computer printer, so you may want to invest in special papers (push your local printer to find close-outs on 'odd' or textured papers such as gift wrapping or wall papers which can be printed flexographically) or hand embossing to make duplication difficult beyond the reward of a free admission cost. Having dozens of people show up with coupons they believe to be legitimate when they are in fact fradulent, creates major headaches for you and ill will among the public. There is always some shrewdy who thinks that counterfeiting is such a challenge, and cheap too! 'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.'

[This message has been edited by jimor (edited September 28, 2004).]
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org

Re: Restaurant coupon? 01 Oct 2004 10:22 #24629

• crshedd
  • Senior Boarder
it should be something along the lines of the customer taking the movie stub to the pizza place for a discount. that way they still get concessions from you--who can resist the smell of fresh popped corn? even if not used the offer is burned into the mind of the customer that we get more than we pay for at the movies.

'hey! there's no party here!'
jeff spicoli
fast times at ridgemont high
'hey! there's no party here!'
jeff spicoli
fast times at ridgemont high

Re: Restaurant coupon? 20 Oct 2004 11:58 #24630

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
We have shirts and coffee mugs that we sell at our theatre. Each item is mark-up of 50%. We went into a deal with new ice cream shop that opened up in town offering a 10% discount on our two items with a coupon from their store. It's amazing how many people jump at 10%. It doesn't take away from our concessions and we still make a profit on our two items.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction