Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 4-6 Plex staffing

4-6 Plex staffing 03 Aug 2004 20:54 #24554

• VoxSpectra
  • Fresh Boarder
I am working up a business plan to do a 4-6 screen first run, in a town of 12,000 with a 30,000 economic impact area. The nearest theaters are 20+ miles away and this is a university town. The City is VERY interested in helping me through this. My question is this:

For the size of theater I am considering what are the normal positions hired and what do you guys normally pay for both experienced and non experienced help? What kind of job crossover/crosstraining do you do?

Thanx
Fred
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 4-6 Plex staffing 09 Aug 2004 01:57 #24555

Fred,
Your situation sounds very similar to ours. We have a 6 screen in a town with about the same demographic. The only difference is we have (minor) competition in our town.

You will obviously need a General Manager if you do not plan on doing this yourself. How much you pay that person will depend on what you expect from them. Expect to pay more for someone with lots of experience who knows the booth inside and out and is also a marketing guru and an excellent manager, and less as you decrease the qualifications.

We try to have 4-5 "Team Leaders" who are responsible for opening/closing (they are also people the GM can delegate key tasks to). They will make a bit more than the rest of the staff and should be trained in almost all areas.

You will probably also train people other than "Team Leaders" to run projectors. Ours are expected to also know the concession and box office area. Since we use RTS Ticketing software, anyone trained in the concession area also knows the box office, saving us time and training money.

To be honest, I try to avoid "experienced" help. Experienced help usually means big chains, and we do NOT do things their way (our standards for customer service, cleanliness and speed are usually WAY higher). Besides, if there is one thing you will not have a shortage of it's applicants. EVERYONE wants to work at the theatre.

Re: 4-6 Plex staffing 11 Aug 2004 14:49 #24556

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We have a 5-plex open every day.

We have two owners, 3.5 managers and about 18 staff (part time).

We can run with as few as one Manager/Operator, one box office and one concession. When it is busy we run with as many as one owner, 2 managers, 2 box office, 3 concessions and one usher.

Re: 4-6 Plex staffing 11 Aug 2004 21:51 #24557

• VoxSpectra
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the answers guys.

Besides those on duty, how many actual employees do you have? I know that you need quite a few extras because of teenagers having extracurriculars and vacations etc.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction