Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: theater SEC filings

theater SEC filings 15 Jul 2004 15:46 #24534

I am trying to look up the filings of the theater im looking to buy, but all i find are the companys filings as a whole.
And then im also looking for the warren theaters filings. I cant find them listed on the SEC website although i know they very well do exist and i know that they operate under the name of the warren theaters corp. If anyone knows where to find these please let me know thank you
i need specs on theater operations so i can use them in my business plan thank you if you can be of help

[This message has been edited by bigbadvoodoodaddy (edited July 18, 2004).]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: theater SEC filings 18 Jul 2004 12:30 #24535

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
You might want to check the requirements for SEc filings but I suspect that the Warren Corp is a privately held corporation which is not required to file with the SEC unless they sell securities/stock to the public. Also, I doubt if you will find theater level detail in any chain's filings as they probably don't have to disclose at that level to meet the requirements of the SEC. Reading their financials is useful and occasionally some little nugget about a particular site might be mentioned but it is probably not the one you are interested in.

Re: theater SEC filings 18 Jul 2004 13:53 #24536

ok well then they wont be listed as they dont sell stock right now they have plans to in the future but not now. So where could i find profit and loss statements for a indivdial theater? i need to know what they make and so forth so i can use it in preparing my plan.

Re: theater SEC filings 19 Jul 2004 17:05 #24537

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
You can't. It is private information that they are not likely to share with anyone that they don't have to.

Re: theater SEC filings 19 Jul 2004 22:57 #24538

• Alan_G
  • Senior Boarder
If the property is leased then the landlord probably has monthly gross sales figures, though they will include only the sum of box, concession and miscellaneous sales. If you're already talking to a rep for the landlord, he or she will likely share those numbers. But be willing to let them be coy about it. I had one who wouldn't let me see the numbers but was willing to read the last 24 months' numbers aloud while I took notes.

Re: theater SEC filings 19 Jul 2004 23:02 #24539

• Alan_G
  • Senior Boarder
Are we all overlooking the obvious?

If they're willing to sell you the business they should be willing to share the figures.

[This message has been edited by Alan_G (edited July 20, 2004).]

Re: theater SEC filings 20 Jul 2004 21:52 #24540

they arnt selling me anything i just want to get these figures because they could help me with what my business plan

Re: theater SEC filings 26 Jul 2004 14:18 #24541

• Alan_G
  • Senior Boarder
Hmm. Then why did you start the thread with the statement, "I am trying to look up the filings of the theater I'm looking to buy, ..."?

Re: theater SEC filings 26 Jul 2004 14:51 #24542

well the theater is no longer in existince carmike closed it in 2000 so i was looking for filings of that theater for the last few years they were open.
also i was looking for a filing on another theater chain the warren theaters out of wichita,ks because there luxury theater is similar to what i want to do so i thought if i could see there earnings than that could help as well. and the building the theater was in is being leased to me im not buying it.

Re: theater SEC filings 02 Aug 2004 21:31 #24543

• Alan_G
  • Senior Boarder
OK, with that out of the way then my first suggestion stands. Ask the landlord if Carmike reported monthly gross revenue during the term of their lease. If so, the landlord should be willing to share the numbers with you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction