Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office how money can be made on twin screen
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how money can be made on twin screen

how money can be made on twin screen 29 Jun 2004 22:46 #24503

im looking into a twin screen theater and im trying to figure out with just over 300 seats total. My question is how can you make money with only 300 seats? I mean with so much of what you make going right back to the movie companies themselves how do you get any money to keep? I have read lots about money on here and i know that it is possible to make money but i seem to see it more in bigger theaters. So just can someone explain just how do you make money on a little 300 seater twin screen. thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: how money can be made on twin screen 29 Jun 2004 23:14 #24504

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
Bigbad, you should win an award for asking the most original questions around here!... Since you have just 300 seats, how 'bout having SEVERAL showings per day and selling out ALL the showings... 4 sellouts per day would amount to 1,200 tickets: that ought to keep you in the black!...

Re: how money can be made on twin screen 29 Jun 2004 23:20 #24505

IM terribly sorry if i ask to many questions i do appoligize. i really dont see selling that many tickets in a town of 7000 people max. that would mean everyone would be coming several times to see the same show possible but im still thinking about that 6 screen around manhattan if it just didnt cost so much to renovate and build and so forth

Re: how money can be made on twin screen 29 Jun 2004 23:30 #24506

• CharlieBo
  • Gold Boarder
Big Daddy
I book a bunch of small town twins.You have to work your ass off,get it booked right,and you can make a living(assuming you're basically non competitive).You won't make a fortune,your rent has to be reasonable,and you and the family have to do most of the work.
In the end,it can be either very satisfying or very frustrating.
Good Luck!

Re: how money can be made on twin screen 30 Jun 2004 00:07 #24507

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
Charlie is telling it like it is... With 7,000 population, and 300 seats, you will have seating capacity in proportion to realistic ticket sales expectations... You will likely sell out on some weekends, but mid-week you will have nights when you have only 10 customers, and even some nights when no customers show up... This is a business of feast or famine... You have to keep your expenses under control to make it through the lean times, and make enough during the good times to carry you through... It's all about how it averages out over the long pull...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction