Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Host Film Festivals?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Host Film Festivals?

Host Film Festivals? 24 Jun 2004 12:07 #24500

• RealButter
  • Expert Boarder
Do you host local film festivals and if so, do you manage their ticket sales?

We host an annual film festival and rent our space. Their ticket sales process is the worst and I'm proposing to them that we handle the sales and I'm trying to figure out what to charge them for the service.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Host Film Festivals? 24 Jun 2004 13:46 #24501

The art House here is going o host a film festival this year in conjunction with a summer festival in July. I think they are handeling the sales themselves since they are the ones generating the festival.

If you were going to handle their sales I would ask for a small % of sales plus the rent. Its going to cost you time and possible money to sell for them so make it worth your while.

Re: Host Film Festivals? 24 Jun 2004 14:45 #24502

• coryray
  • Fresh Boarder
We've hosted several festivals, (some truly series, rather than a festival,) but I understand the problems presented, both in the selling of all of the different options and in collecting and controlling tickets/admissions, again based on all of the options. I try to stay away from selling their tix since I don't want to be held responsible for another's moneies, especially with staff inevitably making mistakes. It's as if the mistakes are 'by-design,' bound to occur.

It's trying enough running the festival, without the added problems of selling tix.

If I MUST sell 'em, I schedule and charge for extra staff to cover their show's tix, exclusively.

I run but a single screen, but with over 1200 seats, a stage and balcony. It's hard when running 35mm, 16mm, Digi-Beta, slides, DVD's and between shows, power point. And that from 10 am til 12 mid, 5 days running.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction