Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Mac's Drive-In... new business model for drive-ins?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mac's Drive-In... new business model for drive-ins?

Mac's Drive-In... new business model for drive-ins? 17 May 2004 07:50 #24455

• mcope
  • Fresh Boarder
I came across this new drive-in (Mac's Drive-in) recently built in Salem, IL. It looks like the owner found a nice remote property, put up a big screen and a super nice concession stand. That's all. Maybe some pavement, but I doubt if the rows have been graded.

Admission is $5 per person for first run shows. Open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. Be sure to have your own FM radio because there are no speakers or speaker poles.

Will this business model work? If it does, it looks like it could be fun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Mac's Drive-In... new business model for drive-ins? 04 Jun 2004 20:52 #24456

There is another drive-in in Gibson City, IL. It is very similiar to the one you have described. However this drive-in was started in the 1950's or 60's. It would not appear to have very many changes since that time except to add a second screen without increasing the grounds by much. I truly believe the Drive-in could make a come back. I also believe there needs to be better examples of drive-in facilities to ignite the come back.

Re: Mac's Drive-In... new business model for drive-ins? 05 Jun 2004 07:58 #24457

I visited the near by drive in this last week. They are celebrating 50 years. They had a two week run of shrek 2 and said they have been packed every night. They do very well in this area and are famous for their cheeseburgers.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction