Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office What's the best book keeping system?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What's the best book keeping system?

What's the best book keeping system? 16 Apr 2004 12:02 #24374

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
Is it best to do book keeping? Is it best to do them myself? Should I trust my financial records to a book keeping agency, or should I hire someone to work at the theatre in the office. Are the PC work stations and programs helpful,are some better than others. Which ones would you suggest. Helpful input needed.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What's the best book keeping system? 16 Apr 2004 21:46 #24375

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
We use Quickbooks. Our accountant likes it. I kept the books myself the first 4 1/2 years. Now our bookkeeper comes once a week and spends the day. It's great. Our accountant prefers that she comes here rather than sending our financial information offsite.

Re: What's the best book keeping system? 19 Apr 2004 11:54 #24376

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I would say it's pretty much a personal decision. There's enough great software out there that this is not really the issue.

If you have the time, the inclination, are comfortable working with your numbers to that level, are not intimidated by governmental reports, checks & audits, etc, etc,... there's no reason you can't do it yourself.

On the other hand, using a service can take a real load off of your day, leaving you time for other activities you might feel you're more drawn to (or qualified for). A service can also help walk you through any questions, disagreements or audits from the various agencies you have to report to. Bookkeeping services and tax accountants have the infrastructure to manage everything you want to toss at them. Some even guarantee their statements before the IRS.

Those are opposite sides of the fence. You can also choose to go with some combination of both... whatever best works for you and your business.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction