Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ticket machines

ticket machines 02 Apr 2004 21:10 #24371

• garymey
  • Senior Boarder
We have an old ticket machine that puts out stacked roll type tickets. Because of creating a handicapped lowered counter we won't have room for it anymore. Nostalgia must give way to the present (though the rest of our 1926 theater is being restored.

We are looking for a simple ticket system, probably computer connected so we can simplify box office reports and get other benefits. This is for a twin so needs are modest. Any suggestions appreciated. Maybe you have a used one to sell.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ticket machines 10 Apr 2004 16:51 #24372

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
There are two software systems that come up frequenly in conversation. Sensible Cinemas
http://www.sensiblecinema.com/bowframe.htm

makes a system that is purchased outright. It has decent screen graphics and reports. Online credit card processing is available. Because (in my opinion) it has no recurring revenue stream to the software company, support is not up to a level that I would be comfortable with. Updates are too sporadic for my taste.

Ready Theatree Systems
http://rts-solutions.com

makes a system that requires an annual license to keep it running (meaning, you have to pay them every year or it shuts off). The software is "free"... you can download it off their site & try it out... but you do have to license it to make a sale or print a ticket. Licensing can be done over the phone. It also has online card processing (US) and internet ticketing options, and can export reports by several methods. The annual fees support an extensive customer service program. Help is available at any time, and they update their software very often.

Both systems will work with older computers. I've had them on Win98 & above. They'll print to Boca-style printers and also thermal roll types (which are much less expensive). They will work with standard monitors and keyboards, and some like it that way... but I wouldn't have one of these things without a touch monitor.

There are a couple other systems out there, but I have no experience with them. Someone else speak up here!

Re: ticket machines 16 Apr 2004 00:06 #24373

• ScreenAds
  • Fresh Boarder
RTS (www.rts-solutions.com) has a vastly scalable system that can work as a keyboard based system with inexpensive receipt printers for a screen or two, on up to a full touchscreen system punching out hard ticket stock tickets. Their product supports several brands of equipment so you're never "locked" into one particular vendor. At $250 per selling station per year, the software is reasonably priced with continual upgrades and incorporated features provided by it's users.

Randall
RHEUS Theatre Services
Sioux Falls, SD
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction