Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Health Insurance

Health Insurance 23 Jul 2003 07:34 #24096

I am looking to start up a new business and the issue of health insurance is important for me as I have a child with epilepsy. Has anyone had success in finding insurance with a family member who has a preexisting condition?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Health Insurance 23 Jul 2003 14:27 #24097

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
My cousin is has epilepsy. I asked her about it and this is her response.

"As an adult I've never had trouble with my pre-existing condition. It seems to get folded right in with no questions asked and no outrageous premiums. Don't know what the situation is like if you're looking into establishing your own health care system or trying to get simple family insurance.

This is just a guess but it may depend on the type of epilepsy her daughter has. If it is mild and controlled insurance shouldn't be that much of a problem. I would also suggest that she contact the American Epilepsy Society: http://www.aesnet.org/ or www.epilepsy.com
"

Re: Health Insurance 23 Jul 2003 20:03 #24098

Thanks

Re: Health Insurance 28 Aug 2003 23:03 #24099

• rick_gaspa
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't know about all states but in California when own a business and buy health insurance the insurance caompany can not turn you down for any preexisting condition. I know this for sure. I had cancer and could not find a insurance company that would take my as a indivial until I was told by a insurance agent friend that they have no choice by state law with business insurance.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction