Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Time Off

Time Off 28 Jul 2003 17:43 #24058

• Big Guy
  • Expert Boarder
When the managers were hired to run the new theater in town, we were told we would get one weekend off a month. We knew it was not going to happen, it's against the nature of the business. But now, after 2 years without a weekend off (except for our vacation time), we are not even being allowed to take a single day off without being docked pay! Does this seem like a fair practice? We are salaried employees, and have even been told that the owners are not concerned with how many hours we work, as long as our work is done. But when we leave early or want a day off, we are hassled by them. Does anybody else have any experience with bosses like this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Time Off 28 Jul 2003 20:22 #24059

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I hope not anyone I know!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Time Off 29 Jul 2003 07:49 #24060

• Tony
  • Junior Boarder
No, not since coming to you Mike

BUT,

When I was store manager in retail, we were required to work minimum 50 - 60 hrs., 5 1/2 day week, depending on your store volume, (small pharmacy chain). Basically it came down to you are required to work at least a 10 hour day. If you work more than that a day, no thank yous, just "that why you are salaried and get paid the way you do". If you worked less than 10 hours a day, you were reminded of your duties as management and docked for each day, regarless if your hours still came up to 50+ at weeks end. Unfortunately, most salaried positions in the corporate world are treated like garbage.....and that is how most get "job burn out".

[This message has been edited by Tony (edited July 29, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Tony (edited July 29, 2003).]

Re: Time Off 29 Jul 2003 09:12 #24061

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I do know that sometimes we hire people and they are shocked-shocked to find that we do work Fri AND Sat nights AND Sat and Sun matinee shows. Even when they were told clearly in advance they still make mental adjustments and don't believe it.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Time Off 29 Jul 2003 13:21 #24062

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
We treat our kids differently than we would a manager. The kids always get one of the weekend days off - either Friday or Saturday or Sunday. If I hired a manager they would be expected to work during the weekend and get their time off during the weekdays. Everyone needs time off as that is why we work- to make enough money to enjoy our lives. If you don't get any time off what is the point?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction