Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office We're Not Rude......Your Just Insignificant
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: We're Not Rude......Your Just Insignificant

We're Not Rude......Your Just Insignificant 23 Jul 2003 10:33 #24056

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The old expression "Were Not Rude .... You're Just Insignificant" takes on new meaning when dealing with a small art distributor which finds itself with a crossover hit.

Last year it was IFC Films and Greek Wedding.

This year it is FoxSearchlight and Beckham. I tried to talk to Searchlight about booking Beckham for my discount venue. It was first run percapita...take it or leave it. When I tried to talk with the woman about it she says "Why are you wasting my time ..... I'm too busy" AND SLAMMNED DOWN THE PHONE IN MY EAR.

I tried to call Steven Gelula the head of FoxSearchlight in California to complain about this lack of courtesy. Of course he wouldn't return my telephone calls. I then tried to take it up one step further to Peter Rice (the head of the studio)and complain as well....Once again no return calls.

[This message has been edited by muviebuf (edited July 23, 2003).]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: We're Not Rude......Your Just Insignificant 23 Jul 2003 13:29 #24057

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Bad move.

I believe you made all the right moves. This is where I'm happy to pay my booker's fees.

I've known Steve Guilula for years; I worked for a landmark theatre when he was president. He shouldn't let his people act like that. He has been in your shoes.

But have sympathy for the woman. She is being bombarded. Send her a dozen roses and a box of chocolates. Send a note that says that you understand that she is swamped, but you would welcome another chance to book the film. Remember, this is a business of "relationships." If she blows you off again, feel free to hire a hit man and try to mess up her career.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction