Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Anyone else refuse to signe the new Warner Bros Contract?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone else refuse to signe the new Warner Bros Contract?

Anyone else refuse to signe the new Warner Bros Contract? 01 May 2003 16:45 #23933

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
I can't bring myself to sign a piece of garbage like that where I tell Warner Bros everything they can think of about my business. I am quite well aware that they have me over a barrel but I am taking a stand and will not be able to book Matrix. I have checked the Warner Bros line up for the next year to see what else I will be missing. Seems to me no loss. Apparently, we all didn't make enough of a stink when Sony was being creative with their contracts and now all of them are getting on the same bandwagon. For your information, my booker tells me that Sony is very free with your information. They disclose privileged information to the bookers all the time about their theaters. Credit ratings, etc. When will this stop? Probably not until more theaters make a stand against this crap. But I am perfectly well aware that Regal tried to boycott Dreamworks and it didn't work. If Regal can't put a stop to the coercion from the movie distributors then who am I going to stop? Well I am not but my conscience won't let me sign it. Do I pay my bills? Yes. Will I sign a guarantee? Yes. So why do they need to know things like I have ever applied for a loan and been rejected? Date, financial institution and amount requested. Or perhaps you would like to send them your financial statements? Perhaps your partnership agreement? Perhaps a copy of every loan you have on your business. If you signed the contract you agreed to all of that and more.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Anyone else refuse to signe the new Warner Bros Contract? 01 May 2003 17:26 #23934

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
My business partner very carefully filled in all the spaces on that (32 page ?)questionair. I told him that he should just fill in the essentials and write N/A on all of the other stuff. When it came down to putting my name and address on the form, I used the theatres address.

Answer the stuff you are comfortable answering and pass over the other stuff.

Re: Anyone else refuse to signe the new Warner Bros Contract? 01 May 2003 23:08 #23935

BUMP

I missed this the first time around, and I belive its an important topic.

"Would you like fries with that?"
Since 1987

Re: Anyone else refuse to signe the new Warner Bros Contract? 02 May 2003 06:43 #23936

• usfrench
  • Gold Boarder
I also just put N/A or left blank any questions I wasn't comfortable with. I havn't gotten any negative "blow back" from Warners.

Re: Anyone else refuse to signe the new Warner Bros Contract? 02 May 2003 11:35 #23937

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
Are we talking about the same contract? The one that they just issued in late March? Did you read the first page which states that you will furnish all this information when Warner requests it from you? What will you do when Warner's chooses to request it? Say "Sorry, I signed the document but I didn't have any intention of providing the information" or will you provide the information that you said you would provide?

Re: Anyone else refuse to signe the new Warner Bros Contract? 02 May 2003 12:00 #23938

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Cross out that line in the contract and initial it.

Re: Anyone else refuse to signe the new Warner Bros Contract? 03 May 2003 11:16 #23939

• usfrench
  • Gold Boarder
I have never heard back from a studio to modify after signing and guaranteeing a contract. Common sense should rule. Also, it's sometimes better to beg forgiveness than ask permission!

Re: Anyone else refuse to signe the new Warner Bros Contract? 05 May 2003 11:41 #23940

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
All of the above apply/ leave it blank/ answer somewhat truthfully/ write n/a, etc. I'm not being numb about this but I really get the feeling they nec=ver even look at these things! Will they share my grossing with competitors? yes. But they share my competitors grossing with me too so.........
I freaked a long time ago when I saw those things and then I just leave a lot blank or crossed out sign it and show the danged movies!

I'm not gonna tell anyone what to do but I would not get so worked up over this that I would boycott or not open big pics like Matrix, Harry Potter, etc. Why not give them a slim write up and wait and see what happens?

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Anyone else refuse to signe the new Warner Bros Contract? 12 May 2003 03:10 #23941

• showtime
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all
This is my first post and thanks Barry for putting the url up on film-tech. As for the WB contract, I put "on record" on all questions as they have the information anyway. I like this because it causes them to look up all the information. Also this seems to be the year all the studio's are updating there records.

Re: Anyone else refuse to signe the new Warner Bros Contract? 30 May 2003 05:11 #23942

• Big Guy
  • Expert Boarder
I really don't understand the big deal. They are a BIG business, they aren't going to steal your identity and use it in a harmful way. If you want to do business with them, give it to them. Do they include a privacy statement telling you how they are going to use the information? If not, ask for one. Any legitimate business that gathers information in this way will have one. Chances are, they just want it for themselves. It's not the same as filling out a questionaire in a magazine!!

Re: Anyone else refuse to signe the new Warner Bros Contract? 11 Jun 2003 11:47 #23943

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
Careful here. Whenever you release personal or private information, you simply CANNOT know where it will end up. Most big businesses today have confidential agreements with national data bases that cause almost anything entered into their computers to be transferred (usually in the wee hours of the morning when no one is there) to such huge databases where the information is categorized, and massaged with algorithym programs to create a digital 'image' of the person/account in question. Most employees of big businesses honestly don't know that the info they enter is ever sold to others. They are naieve enough to believe the bogus PRIVACY STATEMENTS issued by the business. Remember that any agreement/contract is only as good as your ability to enforce it, and since there is no realistic way to TRULY know when they have 'shared' your info, and with whom they have shared it, those 'Privacy Statements' are completely worthless. They are NOT binding legal contracts, but merely statements of 'current' policy, the creator/owner of which can alter at any instant in time without any obligation to notify you. This is why such 'Statements' on web sites are such a hoot: they are designed to dupe the inexperienced one. As God's Word the Bible so well puts it: "Anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word, but the shrewd one considers his steps." Proverbs 14: 15. Remember that while God will always be your friend if you adhere to his will, no business or government will ever be a true friend, since their interests are not your interests. Their interests are strictly profit and the power that money brings them.
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction