Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Greek Wedding Settlements

Greek Wedding Settlements 22 Apr 2003 23:25 #23868

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I'm interested in hearing what kind of settlements have been made for Greek Wedding at theatres that played the picture for long engagements, as in 10 to 15 weeks or more. Most of my theatres played the film for 2 to 5 weeks late in the run (Oct. or later)and paid 50, 50, 40, 35 out. However, the houses that played from July or earlier without any contract or agreed upon terms are now being ask to pay either a 90/10 (where no 90/10 ever had been established)or an aggregate film rental of at least 53% (53% of the entire gross of the entire engagement). There is no doubt that had this been from a major studio, and grossed this well, that those terms would have been required. But since they didn't know what they had, and no terms were agreed upon beforehand, what do you think is fair? Or what have you paid? I have no problem with paying the high film rental since the film did so well, unless others haven't had to pay those terms that played it in similar situations. My fear is that the big boys, or others, have settled the picture for less.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Greek Wedding Settlements 23 Apr 2003 10:57 #23869

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
We did not play it for long and it was a couple of three 1-2-3 weeks deals. We paid flat 50's for all of the weeks. I think they really go for the aggregate in this and that's what you hope to negotiate. I believe that if your gross is not too high you have a leg to stand on trying to get the agg down. But I will be amazed if they go below 50. Sombody "showed them the moiney!"

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Greek Wedding Settlements 23 Apr 2003 12:20 #23870

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
42% for a 38 week run.

Re: Greek Wedding Settlements 23 Apr 2003 16:23 #23871

• usfrench
  • Gold Boarder
We ran it twice- once very early in it's run and again after it took off. We paid 35% on the first run and a flat 50% on the second.

Re: Greek Wedding Settlements 24 Apr 2003 00:54 #23872

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I got a statement in the mail that said I had a good sized credit. So I called and asked how to get my money back since it could be years before I play another one of their films. They've called a couple times to verify playdates and grosses.

I, too, played it twice, each for two weeks. Got it late June/early July at 40% (it did terrible) and again in January when it did great for 35%.

Re: Greek Wedding Settlements 24 Apr 2003 09:26 #23873

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Only 38 weeks!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction