Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Public's Price Perceptions

My Public's Price Perceptions 07 Apr 2003 12:10 #23861

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
In my area the first runs average ticket price is now 7.50Adult/5.00Child with all seats $5.00 before 6 PM. As a competing second run I charge $3.00Adult/2.00Child with all seats $2.00 before 6PM. (I have always strived to stay about 60% below first run price in my area).

In central Pennsylvania the public is notoriously cheap and proud of it (must be the Pennsylvania Dutch heritage). Seems like we a Dollar Store on every corner.

When I talk to my customers who attend both the first and second runs they all say the same thing..... We always go to the matinees at the first runs as it is "only" $5.00,(and then they come to me at night). These people do not perceive the difference in price as being $7.50 to $3.00 but rather the $5.00 they are paying first run to the $3.00 they are then paying to me. When I try to argue with this logic, I am met with blank stares.

Anyway, the end result of this is that over the last couple of years is that my matinee business is down, but my evening business is up roughly in the same percentages. I guess I should be happy as I am making more at the boxoffice, but I have historically been a strong matinee house and find the shift in demographics somewhat disconcerting.

[This message has been edited by muviebuf (edited April 07, 2003).]
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction