Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Technicolor Marketing Materials Complaint
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Technicolor Marketing Materials Complaint

Technicolor Marketing Materials Complaint 27 Feb 2003 17:48 #23845

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
Technicolor has some really nice people working there. I have spent some serious time talking with them all recently getting things set up for our new theater. I want to say that without exception they have all been pleasant and have gone out of their way to help us. But I still have a complaint about one absolutely stupid policy that they have decided cannot be changed.

We currently have an account for our single screen theater which is the same whether we are talking about print delivery or poster ordering. I can live with that. We contacted them to talk about our new theater so that we would get the bills and the shipments sent to us. It seems that what they did is just give us the same account number as the previous owner. So that I got the bills for the prints leaving and for the posters ordered earlier in the month by the previous owners. I could live with that. We can straighten that out and go on. But... we have no credit with them for poster materials and must send in $100 for them to keep for the next six months until we prove that we pay our bills. We have talked and talked and talked and explained that the theater is under the same ownership and that the same checkbook is being used to pay the bills for both theaters. That does not matter. We still have no credit with them for poster materials ordered for the new theater. Is this not the most ridiculous thing you have ever heard of? Now we can get around this at the moment by ordering all our posters under the existing single screen theater's account. But what happens when the existing theater is closed? Will they just close me out of poster ordering? Sorry - too bad that theater is no longer open so you can't use this account number? Just for kicks, I will tell you all that they admitted that the chains do not have to post $100 every time they open a new theater. Only us independents. Do the chains pay their bill better than us independents? I doubt it. If anyone from Technicolor is reading this I hope you will pass this up to someone who can fix this stupid policy. Technicolor should be ashamed of themselves for treating independents differently from chain theater especially when we have proven that we pay our bills. We aren't exactly an unknown quantity.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Technicolor Marketing Materials Complaint 27 Feb 2003 18:18 #23846

• RickAlan
  • Junior Boarder
When I opened 9 years ago, I had to pay the same $100. Being a former bean counter, I had meticulous records, and approx. 9 months after opening, requested my $100 back. It wasn't easy, but I did eventually get the money back. They couldn't credit my account, but had to issue a check. I do remember that they didn't have very good records to verify I had paid the $100. They acted as though nobody ever asked for their money back.

Re: Technicolor Marketing Materials Complaint 27 Feb 2003 23:08 #23847

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Now that you bring this up, I remember paying them when I opened, buy cannot remember getting that money refunded. I'll have to check on that!!!

Re: Technicolor Marketing Materials Complaint 28 Feb 2003 09:37 #23848

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
The one thing I'll never understand about policies like that is what benefit is it to Technicolor to make it more difficult for the theatre owner to market their films? I mean, if you want to make anything easy it should be obtaining marketing materials right? After all you're just trying to promote their movie, bring more people to the theatre, and write them a bigger check?

Re: Technicolor Marketing Materials Complaint 04 Mar 2003 12:49 #23849

• HeyMan
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, this topic makes me happy to know that Universal (among a few others) DOES NOT CHARGE FOR MATERIALS or SHIPPING (2nd day UPS is standard).
Can you beat that.
If you are having problems ordering materials (only) I would suggest contacting Mike Addante. He's the one that used to oversee the whole, studio fulfillment department.

Good Luck
Hip Hip Horray for UNIVERSAL!

Re: Technicolor Marketing Materials Complaint 04 Mar 2003 12:50 #23850

• HeyMan
  • Fresh Boarder
M. Addante works for Technicolor, not Universal... in case it sounded confusing.

Re: Technicolor Marketing Materials Complaint 06 Mar 2003 12:09 #23851

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
I thought that I should make it clear that we also put up our $100 when we first opened over 6 years ago. I still remember that it was very difficult to get our money back after about 2 years. In fact I have never been able to completely clear my accounting system of the prepaid item created when we put down our first $100. My objection is to having to go through the whole process again.

And yes it is great when we get posters sent to us by the studios or can order what we think we need directly from the studio website like Universal. I try to be very careful with Universal's money in that case. Ordering only the posters that we need and trying to put them to the best possible use. In fact Universal's website works really well for me.

So thanks Universal!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction