Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Box Office Format Questions
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Box Office Format Questions

Box Office Format Questions 18 Feb 2003 13:12 #23791

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
My new theater has an old Pacer system installed which produces a weekly box office report. I find the format to be quite different from the information that I have been providing for my single screen to the studios. I asked my booker several of these questions and was not able to obtain a clear answer about what information the studios actually needed. So I decided to ask all of you what you are providing to the studios for your weekly box office.

1. Do you provide the ticket numbers for each category of admission: matinee, child, senior and adult?

2. Do you break the information down by day?

3. Do you provide information about your voided tickets - ticket number? or just number of voids by day and dollar amount. I think that the studios would be rather sensitive about voids but I have a fair number of them for the following reasons: changed mind about what movie to see, forgot to tell us that they are senior citizens so we rang as adults, miscounted number of people in their party. I have never reported voids before as we never had any with the automaticket machine. We just sold the mistaken ticket to the next person. My cashiers are not familiar with that concept and I am not sure that I want them to be out of balance because they got confused.

I am wondering whether the Pacer report is adequate as it doesn't break down the totals day by day so I am typing all the information into my computer each day and submitting my own box office statements. But maybe I am providing too much information?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Box Office Format Questions 18 Feb 2003 19:49 #23792

• CharlieBo
  • Gold Boarder
Most of my clients list ticket sales on a daily basis,broken down by price category.Most of them don't list ticket numbers.Although the companies say they want ticket numbers,they have been accepting this reports for years!
Again,most clients do not list "void" or "refunded" tickets.The few who do submit ticket #s do list "voids",etc so everything balances.I suspect most theatres re-sell the voids,although that is a situation that can sometimes make theft a bit easier.

Re: Box Office Format Questions 19 Feb 2003 09:51 #23793

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
Sorry about the Old Pacer System.

We find that most theatres are doing as Charlie said, reporting daily by ticket class, no #'s and no voids.

If you'd like to see a sample of what we send, e-mail me and I'll send you a .pdf file of a sample report.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction