Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Freebies, Passes, Discounts & Coupons
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Freebies, Passes, Discounts & Coupons

Freebies, Passes, Discounts & Coupons 23 Jan 2003 14:36 #23736

• Barry Floyd
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Ok.... I've got like 24 hours to come up with an Admission Pass for our theatre that's not even built yet.

One of the clauses in the sales contract on the land from the private land owner is that he wants two life-time carload passes to the theatre. Not a bad deal since he came down $7,000.00 per acre on his price for the 7 acres of land.

Anyway... I've stated to them that we will not issue a carload pass when we don't have any type of carload pricing policy for the theatre. My offer was to give him a pass - which will have his name on it, cannot be used by other individuals without him present (Photo ID required) - good for either 3 adult admissions OR 2 adults & 2 children's admissions.

What type of "legal" mumbo jumbo wording should I include printed ON THE PASS...
Barry Floyd
Floyd Entertainment Group
Lebanon, Tennessee

Stardust Drive-In Theatre
Watertown, Tennessee
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Freebies, Passes, Discounts & Coupons 23 Jan 2003 17:11 #23737

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We have three kinds of passes for our indoor Art theatre:

We have a "Canceled Show Pass" we use these as Re-Admits or Emergency Passes. They are used to refund a patron due to a power outage or if the patron has a problem with the performance. They are numbered but don't require us to write anything on them. The passes were given because a patron was inconvenienced so we accept them at any time.

ADMIT ONE Valid for any regularly scheduled performance at Rialto Cinemas Lakeside, special events excluded. Non-Transferable.

Next is our "Courtesy Pass", we give these out for promotion, charitable raffles, and radio stations. We use these to promote the theatre. There is a space for the name of the organization we give them to, there is a space for an expiration date, and there is a space for the person who issued the pass to place his or her initials.

Not for resale * Non-transferable * No Pass and Special Engagements excluded. Seating subject to availability.

There is the "Season Pass" we give these to the Newspaper reporter, radio reviewers; all of our investors and other people whom we wish to have ready access to our movies. These are people who benefit out business by either giving us money or reviewing our movies.

This pass entitles the holder and one guest to complimentary admission to Rialto Cinemas Lakeside. Special engagements excluded. Seating subject to availability. Photo identification may be requested. Non-transferable. Expires_________

The last one is the "Season Pass" given to me by the local competing theatre. It a friendly rivalry. We give them passes as well.

<I>*This passes valid up to the limits stated on front of card.
*ID may be required to verify user.
*May be revoked at management’s discretion at any time.
*Card usage limited to one showing daily
*Please be advised that some films have an exclusive policy set by the film company restricting use of this pass.</I>

Globe Ticketing has patterns for passes and examples of the language used on them.

[This message has been edited by Large (edited January 23, 2003).]

Re: Freebies, Passes, Discounts & Coupons 24 Jan 2003 09:02 #23738

• Mike
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
We issued a family pass for life to our contractor who was really kind to us. We made it up and had it laminated. The idea is bigger than the reality. Many of the high end passes National and others have made are to encourage celebs to come to their theatres. Not a problem at my ops.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction