Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sound Of Music - Sing a Long

Sound Of Music - Sing a Long 08 Jan 2003 13:50 #23726

• Mill
  • Expert Boarder
Has anyone ran this at their theatre?
Earlier this summer I was dragged to it by my wife, but it was actually quite enjoyable. They add the words at the bottom of the screen and everyone sings along and they have people act out the songs too on stage, there is an MC that directs everyone, people come in costumes as their favorite things (brown paper packages tied up in string, kittens with mittens, etc..), of course there were nuns too. There are actions and props to go along with all the songs. It was sort of like Rocky Horror picture show for women. Tickets were about $20CAN, but it was more of a performance than a movie.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sound Of Music - Sing a Long 08 Jan 2003 16:52 #23727

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This has worked very well in Cities but not very well in towns. It sold out in London and San Francisco. They tried it in Healdsburg a town of 8,000 and it didn't do very well. A large gay or collage audience would eat it up as well.

Must be marketed as an event not as a film.

Re: Sound Of Music - Sing a Long 13 Jan 2003 11:05 #23728

Kind of a "Rocky Horror Picture Show" for the high class set. Sounds like it could be great fun. Any kind of movie participation is fun. I guess maybe the small town people aren't as ready to join in a sing-along. They have that tendency to look around to see haow many other people are singing before joining in. The big city folk just eat this stuff up.

Re: Sound Of Music - Sing a Long 15 Jan 2003 14:10 #23729

• Driordan
  • Fresh Boarder
SilverSpider is correct...small town people seem to have inhibitions when it comes to audience participation...We considered booking the sing-a-long Sound of Music (They also have one for Wizard of OZ) but we were put off by the ticket price. $20 seemed an awful lot for a films we've already shown at a $5 ticket price and all you get is words to the well-know songs, a bag of junk and a chance to make a lot of noise during a movie.
Still, it's fun if the whole crowd gets into the act, which ain't happenin' here in our small town.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction