Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Front Doors & ATM vs. Forklift
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Front Doors & ATM vs. Forklift

Front Doors & ATM vs. Forklift 18 Nov 2002 16:52 #23568

• Mill
  • Expert Boarder
July 1st (Canada Day) I got a wake-up call from the owner about 5:30 am telling me that we were getting new front doors.
I was surprised and sort of unhappy that he hadn't mentioned to me that renovations were happening.
I had just left the night before at 3 am because of midnight shows so I was very tired.
Anyway I drove to the theatre. When I pulled around the last corner there was a GIANT forklift sitting in front of the theatre and all our busted front doors were strewn across the parking lot.
This forklift wasn't a normal sized one either. It was one of the monster huge ones used for laying watermains under the road.
Apparently a guy stole the forklift from the constructions site across the street, busted through our frontdoors and totally rammed our ATM, pushing the spikes through 2 walls and knocking the ATM out of the floor.
He then loaded the ATM into the back of a stolen pick-up truck and took off. He was caught about 20 min later when he was being pulled over for speeding! Get this he was speeding down "the jail road", that conects our city to a little town and the jail is in the middle.

If he hadn't hit one of the structural supports in the wall he would have probably gone right through it and into the bathrooms.

All in all about $50,000 worth of dammage, (that still isn't done being fixed, because of the insurance company dragging their feet) for less that $800 CDN. - It was the end of a long weekend!

Anyway the insurance compnay only sprung to replace 1/2 the lobby tiles leaving 1/2 the lobby bright white (new) and the other 1/2 a little more dingy. It was 2 months before we had front doors back in.

I'll try and find some pictures to show you. What a mess!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Front Doors & ATM vs. Forklift 20 Nov 2002 10:58 #23569

• Mike
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
oh my God. There was a spate of guys wrapping a chain around night deposits and pulling them from walls. There was something like they ripped half of their own truck off on one. The truck gave but the bank did not.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction