Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pay expectations

Pay expectations 09 Nov 2002 17:47 #23552

• drchannard
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, heres the question
What would you guys expect to get paid(or to pay someone) for a manager of a new 12 screen theatre. Assume approximately 1800 seats for the complex. i would put the yearly box office at about 1.5 to 2 million(possibly much more)I have some idea but ive been out of the biz for a while and i just wanted some outside thoughts
Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pay expectations 09 Nov 2002 20:01 #23553

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
$40,000 to $80,000 per year if you are the general manager. On the low side of that scale due to the low gross expected.

House Manager $30,000.

Assistant Manager $20,000 to $30,000

Re: Pay expectations 09 Nov 2002 20:16 #23554

• drchannard
  • Fresh Boarder
Whoa
80,000 would be thrilling but i honestly wasnt expecting THAT. The yearly box office figures are based on current revenue for the area,(with a total of 11 screens) but this is for two older and kinda crappy theatres, 2.5 million is what they make per year combined. I think that a new,state of the art, all stadium theatre is capable of doing far better, becoming more of a destination theatre than the 2 currently in operations. I feel that 3-4 million is not unreasonable. I personally have about 6 years of experience at a 2,6,8, and a drive in, as Asst. Manager in all
also about 3 years of retail management experience.
I was personally think about 40,000(low end) to 50,000(yippee). I didnt think this was totally off the mark. Im well worth it, because im very good and very motivated.
Keep those replies coming
Thanks again
Judge me not by spelling, I'm quite bright I just type badly

Re: Pay expectations 09 Nov 2002 20:23 #23555

• drchannard
  • Fresh Boarder
I should also note that the 2.5 million per year refers to admissions ONLY, it does not take into account concession sales. Its strictly reported box office revenue

Re: Pay expectations 09 Nov 2002 21:30 #23556

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Don't sell yourself short.

I worked at a 12-plex in the Denver Metro area that grossed $6 million per year. The general manager pulled down $70,000 per year. Later the gross went down due to competition, the manager was changed and they started the new manager off around $40,000.

Establish a base rate and make sure that there are performance bonuses incase you do very well.

Example: Base rate = $40,000 with an expected gross of $2 million. If the theatre exceeds $2.5 million, a bonus should be paid to the manager of 1% of the gross over and above the base. So if the theatre pulls in $3.5 million the manager would get his $40,000 + 1% of $1.5 million, which would be a bonus of $15,000.

Re: Pay expectations 10 Nov 2002 22:08 #23557

• CharlieBo
  • Gold Boarder
I agree-do not sell yourself short.Retail and sales guys get pretty good bucks.A GM of a megaplex has enormous responsibilities,and should be paid accordinly.I do believe he or she MUST be a "presence"-your customers should know "where the buck stops".If you have a theatre grossing what you say it does,I think 60G is not out of line.

Re: Pay expectations 10 Nov 2002 22:30 #23558

After comissions I was making close to $55k in a 12 screener of about that size.(2100 seats) but let me tell you with the condition the previous manager and the company had let the building get into I had to earn every penny. I prob made about $3 / hour with the amount of hours I had to put in.

Re: Pay expectations 10 Nov 2002 23:14 #23559

• drchannard
  • Fresh Boarder
Heres my brief revenue estimate
This is off the top of my head but, let me know what you guys think
Assuming an annual box office of 2.5 million
Given the national average ticket price of 5.75(i tend to think thats lower in my area, but i have no accurate #s)
Gives one an attendance of about 434,782(lets make this 450,000)
Given a per cap of 2.50( again thats conservative, Im just using a lowish #)
Give one concession sales of 1,125,000.00
Not a bad # but with higher per caps,if I hire a great staff, that could go way up.
As you can probably guess, Im extremely analytical about this kinda stuff. And all this feedback is Very encouraging
Thanks to you all
Keep those thoughts coming
What would you look for in a Manager for a complex like this. Do your think My qualifications are sufficient, they are listed briefly in a previous post.

Re: Pay expectations 15 Nov 2002 11:56 #23560

We had yearly attendence of around 419,000
It was hard to top that figure.You would be hard pressed to squeek out a 2.50 percap.

When I took that theatre over it had a percap of $1.98 and I raised it to $2.20 and that was the best I could get it to go. Part of the problem was the bad design of the theatre as a whole. Poor concession area etc.

I am sure with better design it could have jumped.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction