Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HR Manual

HR Manual 24 Feb 2002 19:14 #23522

• jholliger
  • Expert Boarder
I'm putting together a Human resource manual for a new tri-plex. (I know over-kill for a small house) Anyone out there care to forward any info?? i.e.- job discriptions, chain of command, job assignment check lists, etc. I have alot of this just want to double check all my bases. You can e-mail me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or share with the list.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: HR Manual 24 Feb 2002 21:01 #23523

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
Never too small for Human Resource manual---sure helps if you ever need to get rid of an employee who tries a lawsuit against you!!

One of the best sources for what you are looking for is NATO, If you are not a member, I am sure they would still help you with the info, but they are very resonable to belong to, and many, many benefits. If you need their number/address just leave a post here and I will post the info.

Re: HR Manual 24 Feb 2002 21:05 #23524

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
P.S.---for anyone who might not know--NATO in this case is the National Association of Theatre Owners--NOT to be mixed up with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization LOL---The theatre association was here first

Re: HR Manual 25 Feb 2002 10:43 #23525

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 39
We have smatterings of papers for various job decriptions and ops but no complete manual. It is a good thing to build one. We're about to take on our second site and the manual will be essential. Interested in sharing parts?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: HR Manual 26 Feb 2002 13:39 #23526

• usfrench
  • Gold Boarder
We are in the process of completing our Employee Manual for a twin (soon to be a triple-hopefully!). As we are small, everyone must be familiar with every job, so it's pretty comprehensive, although pretty specific to our quirky operation. Happy to share when complete.

Re: HR Manual 09 Oct 2002 08:28 #23527

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Currently in the process of writing up our employee manual. Anyone willing to share their's we could use as a check list? Be nice to see if were missing any essential points for a theatre operator.

Re: HR Manual 09 Oct 2002 19:11 #23528

• Mill
  • Expert Boarder
We would definitley be intersted in trading manuals with someone/anyone. I can't see any harm in it. We actually got a hold of a 2 UA operations manuals and a Cinemark manual. They had some good ideas, along with some crazy ones that wouldn't apply to us and added our own twist.

We've done ours in waves/by job description. Tickets first (smallest) then Usher (next smallest). Now we're on to concession.

Re: HR Manual 09 Oct 2002 22:42 #23529

Mill I would like to know what you thought was crazy in the Cinemark book and see if that is what I thought was crazy (Me being an Ex-Cinemark)

Re: HR Manual 10 Oct 2002 23:58 #23530

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
GTE, Ex-... is a good thing.

I started writing a manual over a year ago and lost interest. I would be very interested in seeing a completed one.

Re: HR Manual 21 Oct 2002 21:46 #23531

• Mill
  • Expert Boarder
I can't remember exactly what it was, it's been a while since i've looked at the book. Alot of it was having to report little detailed stuff and sending requests for everything to head office for aproval that simply wouldn't apply to us because we are it. If we need something we go get it.

It seems like the "super manual" is something everyone wants/needs...but finding the time & energy to actually do it, now theres the problem.

Re: HR Manual 23 Oct 2002 13:48 #23532

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We possess an HR manual from United Artists Theatre Corp and the Landmark Theatre Corp. We refer to them when we need ideas. We have yet to do a manual of our own. Both of those manuals have way too much detailed information that pertains only to them.

The rules should occupy only two pages at most.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.613 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction