Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Estimated Startup Costs

Estimated Startup Costs 31 Aug 2002 13:48 #23459

• Gibreal
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I am currently in the exploratory stages of opening an independent/art-house theater with attached bistro in my hometown. I would be competing against four other first-run theaters, but would be the only independent theater offering strictly first-run independent and art-house films (the other four being national chain theaters).

I am investigating moving into a previously abandoned four-screen theater (left by one of the other theaters when they built a new, larger one) so little in the way of actual building renovation would be required.

My question is, I am looking to make a preliminary pitch to some investors and bankers this week and would like to know what I can estimate my total start-up costs to be (equipment purchases or rentals of projectors, sound equipment, concessions supplies, etc...) not including rent (which I already have a quote from the location's owner.

I am quite new at this and have been doing some research but I would like to query the experience here at this forum. Any help you can give me, as far as a price quote for startup or otherwise would be greatly appreciated.I apologize if this has been answered before, but I could not find it if it has.

My e-mail address, if you prefer to respond that way, is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Thanks in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Estimated Startup Costs 31 Aug 2002 18:38 #23460

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
the 4 screen? I would say you are looking at 200k-1 million depending on your taste, desires, choices, unions, wage scales, love of all things state of the art. We are doing over a 2 screen right now: we'll have 140k in it by Day One and that's with a lot of sweat and some good breaks and having done it before. Err on the high side. Get a lease to die for. I would say it sounds like a f=good market but watch out as all it takes is one of those four big fellers is to start booking your product. A cool 4 in a big town should do well.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction