Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Double feature

Double feature 13 Aug 2002 16:55 #23418

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I have booked two features for my single screen to be played/sold as separate admission on numerous occasions. But, once in a while, I would like to book a double feature. Say like a month from now play Country Bears and Crocodile Hunter together. If the studios allowed that, how is each of their cuts usually figured?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Double feature 13 Aug 2002 18:15 #23419

• CharlieBo
  • Gold Boarder
When they will do it,its between 17.5% and 20% per film.

Re: Double feature 16 Aug 2002 12:46 #23420

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
Burney - I know there was a time when the double feature was the norm. But do you find as many people attending doubles when you have them. I would think that in this fast paced world we live in that not many would want to sit through two movies back to back.

Re: Double feature 17 Aug 2002 18:35 #23421

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Or it'll be a flat rate booking for 150-250 and you can do whatever you like.

Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Double feature 18 Aug 2002 01:41 #23422

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't know how it will do as I have never done one. I kinda think the people here will like it. If they don't want to sit through both, they can simply watch whichever one they want. I got the OK for Country Bears and will work on the second movie on Monday. These will be showing the first weekend in Sept. The following weekend I am going to do another double with K-19 and another one I hope to get Monday also. Thanks for the info on percentages/prices. That helped tremendously in my negotiations.

Re: Double feature 19 Aug 2002 11:47 #23423

I'd love to see a double feature again. I think its great to get a two-for-one deal. But this would cut down on your show times. Would you just run the doubles during the Spring and Fall? At any rate, I'd go to the double feature. I'd have to go by myself as my dear wife falls asleep through a single feature some times. Like "The Fugitive" can you imagine!

Re: Double feature 20 Aug 2002 01:24 #23424

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't have ten showtimes a day, per movie like the megaplexes. The people here know the show starts at 7:00. There is a matinee on the weekend. Recently because I'm playing two movies I have had as many as four shows a day on a weekend, but that is very rare. I am hoping they will flock in for the bargain. Got CROCODILE HUNTER/COUNTRY BEARS one week and K-19/BOURNE IDENTITY the next. I am trying to play catch-up now because I played Austin Powers for three long weeks.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction