Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: POS systems

POS systems 18 Jul 2002 22:15 #23405

• Mill
  • Expert Boarder
Curious as to what other theatres are using for ticketing and concessions, and why they choose that system. Obviously budget has alot to do with it but are there features that you find you just have to have or some that just don't matter.

We are considering a change. Currently are with an old old omniterm system. I have no quams with omniterm, just looking at what else is out there.

Our systme is so old we can't get a replacement monitor for tickets, which leaves us screwed if it ever breaks. We've scoured second hand stores and have a backup of 3 or 4 monitors but who know how long they will last.

Thanks

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: POS systems 19 Jul 2002 16:37 #23406

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Mill,

If you go to Lobby and click on Search, put computer systems in the search field you will find 4 prior discussions on the subject.

We currently run Sensible Cinema and are generally happy with it. Last year at ShoWest we checked out all the POS systems and we decided to go with RTS. Greg Borr from RTS is a regular contributor to these forums and may chime in here at any moment. So we may be a little biased. But RTS is a great system. Several of our forum members use it. We will be chiming in here shortly with a first hand user's report when we get up and running.

Re: POS systems 22 Jul 2002 09:04 #23407

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
"Sound of a chime"

Search this sight as Large pointed out, there are also discussion threads at www.film-tech.com as well. If you would like a demo kit of our products send me an e-mail with your address at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and I'll get one out to you.

[This message has been edited by GREGBORR (edited July 22, 2002).]

Re: POS systems 22 Jul 2002 14:16 #23408

• Mill
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks Greg, we got a demo of your product last week. I am quite impressed. I was just curious what other people are using.
Thanks

Re: POS systems 25 Jul 2002 22:18 #23409

• rsmith
  • Junior Boarder
Having just recently converted from roll tickets to an automated system, I can give you some of our initial revelations. I think one of the most important considerations is the learning curve for your employees. The simpler the system is to run the less time you spend in training employees. You also need to a fairly good idea of the scope of information you will want to get back and in what form. We are using Greg's RTS system and are quite pleased with the program and their tech support. The RTS system has a very short learning curve and seems a very stable program.

Re: POS systems 09 Aug 2002 11:47 #23410

• Mill
  • Expert Boarder
Has anyone heard of Electronic Creations, ticketingsystems.com?? Their thoughts?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction