Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sum of All Fears?

Sum of All Fears? 28 Apr 2002 18:33 #23260

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Would you book it or does Ben Affleck ala Bruce Willis and plane carried nukes spell trouble?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sum of All Fears? 30 Apr 2002 11:16 #23261

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I would book it. I think it looks good. I would also concider the Bourn Identity. Both are based on best selling novels.

Re: Sum of All Fears? 18 May 2002 04:00 #23262

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
Large and I saw the same trailer at the same NATO screening and I have to disagree. I like Ben Affleck, I liked the previous Jack Ryan movies, and I liked the idea of Sum of All Fears. Then I saw the trailer...now I'm not interested. I think Bourne Identity looks great. I'm not wild about SOAF, but then I'm the guy who thought Changing Lanes looked like a total dog and apparently it has done decent business. So who knows. The movies I'm really high on right now are MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING (a big fat hit for us and a great feel good film), ENIGMA (we open it next week), Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN (a great film), and MONSOON WEDDING (we are at week 13
)

Re: Sum of All Fears? 18 May 2002 08:42 #23263

• Larry Thomas
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Glad to see you're playing ENIGMA next week, Ky.

It was very solid for my account in Lexington KY (wish I could have played it longer). However, I opened it last week in Indianapolis IN, and the first week was the second best gross I've ever had in the theatre. Last night was almost double the opening Friday. I just love it when this happens!!

Re: Sum of All Fears? 18 May 2002 09:06 #23264

• usfrench
  • Gold Boarder
Mike,
I also thought Bourne identity looked stronger than SOAF. Affleck as a lead hasn't done that much for us. As we will still have the expensive Star Wars in it's 3rd, I'm likely going to opt for a counter-program such as "Enigma" or even "It's A Boy" (going wider on the 24th) and keep more of the gate.
Like you, our opening day of Star Wars wasn't stellar. We'll try to bring in some class.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction