Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Star Wars Terms

Star Wars Terms 10 May 2002 08:49 #23253

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
Ep 1 was a 6 week deal. This time with Clones they are down to 4 weeks minimum but it is a 70-70-60-60-35-35 for a 55% aggregate on 6 weeks. Or a 65% ag on a 4 week deal. What do you think? Anyone paying different?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Star Wars Terms 10 May 2002 11:27 #23254

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
In central Pennsylvania Star Wars is a minimum 8 week deal.

Re: Star Wars Terms 10 May 2002 12:01 #23255

• CharlieB
  • Fresh Boarder
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike:
<B>Ep 1 was a 6 week deal. This time with Clones they are down to 4 weeks minimum but it is a 70-70-60-60-35-35 for a 55% aggregate on 6 weeks. Or a 65% ag on a 4 week deal. What do you think? Anyone paying different?

</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a film booker,with accounts all around the country.The terms you got are about what we're all paying,depending on your market.

Charlie
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Star Wars Terms 10 May 2002 12:05 #23256

• CharlieB
  • Fresh Boarder
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by muviebuf:
In central Pennsylvania Star Wars is a minimum 8 week deal.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a FILM BUYER,my client in Virginia had to take a 12 week deal,but most of my other markets were 4 weeks

Charlie
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Star Wars Terms 16 May 2002 03:58 #23257

• Bird
  • Senior Boarder
I can't believe Fox is so across the board on this movie! Were just a twin, and we had to take a 12 week deal with four 70's! They said we were too close to a 21 screen Regal. I am relatively confident I can get out of it in 8 weeks though.

Re: Star Wars Terms 16 May 2002 08:49 #23258

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
I have it in two theatres, both single screens. The deal is 8 weeks. 3 at 70, 3 at 60, 1 at 50, and 1 at 40, if held all others at 35%.

Re: Star Wars Terms 16 May 2002 08:50 #23259

• usfrench
  • Gold Boarder
We are also a twin in a small market. Fox demanded a 8 week deal at 70/70/70/60/60/50/50/35. They were trying to "Force" us to take this crappy deal after we had already advertised locally as getting it. Nonetheless, we felt we couldn't live with that deal and told them that we would pass on the film. We didn't want to set a precedent. Our Branch Manager got testy, said "so be it" and hung up. We planned an alternative film. Within three days, a higher up at Fox called our booker, said they'd reconsidered and proposed a "special" 4 weeker at 70/70/60/50 (same deal everybody else we knew was getting). We took it. Sometimes you can stand your ground and not get run over. Just sometimes.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction