Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Abad sign when a distrib calls to sell a film?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Abad sign when a distrib calls to sell a film?

Abad sign when a distrib calls to sell a film? 26 Apr 2002 21:15 #23222

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
I fell for Fox (didn't want to piss em off before Clones maybe?) and booked Love Or Something Like it. Is it always a bad sign when the Studio calls to sell the film? I have not fielded on call to sell Spiderman, Clones, Minority report, etc. I wuz had!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Abad sign when a distrib calls to sell a film? 27 Apr 2002 00:30 #23223

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
New Line called me to book LORD OF THE RINGS on the break. I wouldn't say that was a bad sign.

Re: Abad sign when a distrib calls to sell a film? 27 Apr 2002 13:06 #23224

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
They are actually called "Salesmen." Sometimes I wonder about that relationship as I am usually the one begging for their movie. However, in this case they probably did have to place some prints.

My booker had advised me that this was not a good movie but I was willing to take it if Fox would have granted me Episode 2. They didn't bite but Sony offered a good deal on Spiderman and Stuart Little 2. We already have a committment on Lilo and Stitch from Disney and I am feeling pretty good about our summer line up. We are still first run and that is not supposed to happen. We are supposed to quietly go back to moveover, but we decided to fight. Our Dolby Digital sound system turned out to be a good investment even though we didn't know how good it would be at the time we installed it. Moral of the story: keep investing in your theater, you never know when it will become REALLY important to you to have done so. Besides we have been the beneficiary of a lot of support from our patrons. Without them we would be nowhere.

Re: Abad sign when a distrib calls to sell a film? 27 Apr 2002 13:16 #23225

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
Just another thought: Back in the days before Regal closed in my town, my booker got several calls from "salesmen" which turned out to be gold mines for us. Regal got persnickety with Dreamworks so we got Galaxy Quest and the Road to El Dorado on release date. Last summer, we got Rush Hour 2 when Regal got persnickety with New Line. Sometimes those calls are VERY good.

Re: Abad sign when a distrib calls to sell a film? 28 Apr 2002 18:31 #23226

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
Lord of The Rings? Yeah.... but what have they done for me lately?
I hear you but the hair on my neck still gets itchy!
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction