Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lobby Furniture

Lobby Furniture 28 Sep 2001 10:27 #22998

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
I've been thinking about putting some chairs in my lobby area because I've noticed that some of my older patrons arrive early and have to spend the time standing around. I'm in a place where I'm thinking through a comfort or cleaning scenero. If I put in plush chairs, will I have a cleaning problem? If I just go with the simple glassform benches, will they be uncomfortable? Should I cosider the benches with cushions? How is the best way to go here?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Lobby Furniture 28 Sep 2001 15:59 #22999

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
We have a smaller main lobby and it has a beuatifully restored church pew and it gets a lot of use.
Downstairs in the lower lobby we have an assortment of brand new retro chrome and vinyl kitchen and stool seats. You can also sit on our life size baby elephant but it takes a real man with a big ego to perch up on top of Baby Hawthorne.

People need to sit!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Lobby Furniture 28 Sep 2001 16:21 #23000

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
We are located in a large metro area which can support a used/discount office furniture store. We bought good quality used office side chairs - upholstered with metal arms - for our lobby. I think that we spent about $20-25 per chair and they look fine in the lobby. We also own a bench which we take outdoors under the marquee in fine weather and use in the lobby in foul weather. Benches seat more people but are less flexible for family groups and cost more per person. Hope this idea helps - we have been very satisfied.

Re: Lobby Furniture 08 Oct 2001 11:34 #23001

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
Hi again. Just poping in to say that I decided on some modular benches that fit up against each other to form a large square. They're black with grey cushions and really don't look that bad.The bench part is slated wood, the legs are metal. I got three complete sections. If you brake them up they make eight single benches. Got a good deal because a local furniture store was going out of business. Thanks for all your seggestions.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction