Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: My wife is whacky!

My wife is whacky! 08 Sep 2001 19:22 #22989

• Mike
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
My darling wife does not use this site so I'll go out on a limb for a moment. She is the work horse for our theatre and does most everything for the day to day ops of sched for films to staff and is a serious worker bee. But she can be odd. Like she and I decided to raise the candy prices. So I go into the lobby and there's the candy all priced with new big signs.... 1.74, 1.53, 1.87........ get the picture? This she did so that with the tax the change would come out even and can the pennies. I said "it looks very goofy. Why didn't you just do it 1.95 tax included! 1.85 tax included." Okay......is it me or which way would you do this.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: My wife is whacky! 09 Sep 2001 08:14 #22990

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
Not only do we post the full price with a sign that says sales tax is already included in all prices, we make all our prices in $.25 increments so that we not only eliminate pennies, we also eliminate dimes and nickels. It makes it much easier to count money at end of night. We started doing this in the pre computer days, when everything was figured in our heads.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: My wife is whacky! 09 Sep 2001 10:14 #22991

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
Ditto here - pricing is done in .25 increments and sales tax is always included. This makes it easier for everyone. The kid at the candy counter who is trying to spend the $5 Mom or Dad gave him doesn't have to figure sales tax. Customers can add along with us and have the money out before we even ask for it. We can total their bill in our heads (which is how we do it here) and announce it while still filling the pop, popcorn, etc and tell them how much they have spent so far. The only person who does more work on this system is me - I have to calculate the sales tax when posting the days receipts into the accounting program. About 15 seconds extra.

Highly recommended!

Re: My wife is whacky! 10 Sep 2001 12:45 #22992

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
I too am in business with my wife. I find it's a lot like playing poker. The winning hand is always welcome, but the most important thing is to know when to fold.

Re: My wife is whacky! 30 Sep 2001 17:10 #22993

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
In Pennsylvania it is against the law to have the sales tax combined with the price of an item and posted as only one price. The Sales tax regulations from the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue require that the price for any item sold at retail to the general public must be stated for the item by itself with the tax added on as a seperate line item and/or designated with the words "plus tax".
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction